You can 3D print the cheapest parabolic telescope!

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
You wouldn’t illegally download a song would you?

No but you’d download a telescope if you had a 3D printer!
ABSDBS-8" ver. 0.71b by Fatalik

My one regret when I had my printer is I didn’t print these parts and gradually buy the hardware needed. But if you want a high power telescope but your budget begs to differ, check this out. Apparently people building these had good reviews.

I don’t know why I didn’t share this earlier.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
You will have another printer I’m sure

Reactions: Charleh
You wouldn’t illegally download a song would you?

No but you’d download a telescope if you had a 3D printer!
ABSDBS-8" ver. 0.71b by Fatalik

My one regret when I had my printer is I didn’t print these parts and gradually buy the hardware needed. But if you want a high power telescope but your budget begs to differ, check this out. Apparently people building these had good reviews.

I don’t know why I didn’t share this earlier.
What happened to your printer, Charleh??

Reactions: Charleh
Thought about a 3d printer but could never think of a use case, this might just be the decider
FDM printing has some limitations. Like they’re not necessarily food safe and they can only be as precise as 50 microns a layer unless you pay thousands for a printer. But there are tons of different types of printers, some for surgical grade equipment

Reactions: TonyM
FDM printing has some limitations. Like they’re not necessarily food safe and they can only be as precise as 50 microns a layer unless you pay thousands for a printer. But there are tons of different types of printers, some for surgical grade equipment

The available printers grow and it can get a bit confusing when it comes to considering a purchase, much more research required

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh