Yikes! The Price!

Pepsi products. I've given up Pepsi Zero Sugar for the Kroger's in house zero sugar cola. It's about half the price and I like it as well as the Pepsi product.
Wow, i did the same with with coke products two weeks ago, started buying the kroger brand instead. amazing that the taste i remember from store brands has changed drastically, they are actually very good and close enough to the name brand i wish i would have done the change long ago.

1669648194934.png

Wow! I remember my mom making that a lot as a kid. We were always on a budget so it must have been cheap back then.
Yes, seafood used to be a LOT cheaper. Around here, anyway.

I may have to dig out my old fishing gear and go back to catching my own. One good-sized halibut would be worth about $50-$100 today. And, there are plenty of other good-eating types here that you can't even find in stores.

I modernized my fishing tackle this year, adapted my setup for the kayak. Leaving my seven-foot rod at home in favor of my new 4-footer. You don't need great casting distance from a boat. I plan to catch a lot of my meals myself next year. Rocky Mountain trout are pretty darn good eating.

I'll have red meat once in a blue moon. Don't enjoy it enough to justify the expense. Kind of had my fill that summer when I had anemia 2 years ago.
Froze 10 lb of lean ground beef from Sam's Club a few weeks ago. And I'm not going to eat that unless I have heavy work and know I'm going to need somemore recovery ability and burn off those extra calories.

Thankfully the various sausages that I live for have not went up too much. The thing that gets me is a simple head of lettuce is $2.69 . Started buying hearts of romaine and red leaf at a $1 more. Tastes better and I'm not going to miss that dollar.
Sweet onions are up $1 /#. I suppose that with vegetables being up a little bit it's not a big deal for me because because it's only a dollar or two here and there.
Steaks and roasts are another matter and I'll take a pass.

I'll have red meat once in a blue moon. Don't enjoy it enough to justify the expense. Kind of had my fill that summer when I had anemia 2 years ago.
Froze 10 lb of lean ground beef from Sam's Club a few weeks ago. And I'm not going to eat that unless I have heavy work and know I'm going to need somemore recovery ability and burn off those extra calories.

Thankfully the various sausages that I live for have not went up too much. The thing that gets me is a simple head of lettuce is $2.69 . Started buying hearts of romaine and red leaf at a $1 more. Tastes better and I'm not going to miss that dollar.
Sweet onions are up $1 /#. I suppose that with vegetables being up a little bit it's not a big deal for me because because it's only a dollar or two here and there.
Steaks and roasts are another matter and I'll take a pass.
Be careful with that romaine, Paint. Seems like it's always having some issue or another. Wash well before using.