Yeee haaa!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
96247455_3107550062616281_1492451133350739968_o.jpg

Well, as you all know, I am stuck in Dodge City with Gunsmoke a lot. But anyone remember Daniel Boone? And I think Wagon Train is another good one.

As a kid I used to watch shows like Bonanza and the Rifle Man, I even got to see a few episodes of Branded which I really liked. I don't know of too many modern shows that would qualify as true westerns. There is one show however that does come to mind as the embodiment of the attitude, tone and feel of the quintessential western. Watching this show now gives me the exact same feelings of frontier adventure and excitement as the westerns I used to watch all those years ago. Would it upset the genre purists if I said my favorite TV western is Firefly?

As a kid I used to watch shows like Bonanza and the Rifle Man, I even got to see a few episodes of Branded which I really liked. I don't know of too many modern shows that would qualify as true westerns. There is one show however that does come to mind as the embodiment of the attitude, tone and feel of the quintessential western. Watching this show now gives me the exact same feelings of frontier adventure and excitement as the westerns I used to watch all those years ago. Would it upset the genre purists if I said my favorite TV western is Firefly?
I will approve the addition, Steve! And I had forgotten about Branded. The Western Channel hasn't thrown that one across my screen yet but I'm going to assume it will arrive at some point.

Reactions: Lynne
So many to choose from...Wagon Train, Wanted Dead or Alive, Have Gun Will Travel, Rawhide, High Chaparral, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Wild Wild West, The Rifleman, Sugarfoot, Laramie, Stony Burk, the Big Valley, Maveric, Cheyenne, The Virginian, The Guns of Will Sonnet...

I think that I liked Rawhide best of all. I seem to have more memories from it than most of the others except for Gunsmoke.