X-Files update

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
X-Files revival inspired by surveillance revelations, says show's creator

2769.jpg

The new series of The X-Files has been partly prompted by recent exposés about government snooping, according to the show’s creator, Chris Carter.

“It’s a perfect time to come back with the X-Files considering global politics,” said Carter, who was speaking in Cannes shortly after the first episode of the new series had premiered.

“We’re trying to be honest with the changes dealing with digital technology: the capability of spying. Clearly we’re being spied on in the US – or at least spying on you – and there seems to be no shame in it.”

The new six-episode series reunites agents Mulder and Scully – reprised by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson – with its first episode setting up a series arc promising “the most evil conspiracy the world has ever known”.

Fans can expect some tearing up of history – “Roswell? That was a smokescreen” – and some sharp observations on developments in national security since the 9/11 attacks. There is also fresh insight into Mulder and Scully’s relationship.

Following the screening at the Mipcom conference, Carter said he had never lost his appetite for the show. “Every day I look at the newspaper and I see a possible X-Files episode,” he said. “I did it for a long time and you never quite lose the eye for what would be good X-Files storytelling.”

He described the show as “a story about the modern pursuit of science by scientists”, and while admitting that he was part Mulder and part Scully in his views on all things extra-terrestrial, he said: “Believe it or not, I’m a sceptic. I’ve never been visited by aliens.”

MORE AT SITE

This is gonna be good! :D

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Looking forward to the new episodes .Now if we can find a way to get Constantine back on the air I will be a happy camper :)
One of these days they'll do an accurate version of Constantine. The tv series was better than the movie, but still too tame. I'd like to see HBO or Showtime take a crack at it.

One of these days they'll do an accurate version of Constantine. The tv series was better than the movie, but still too tame. I'd like to see HBO or Showtime take a crack at it.
I enjoyed the movie, and the series .I really think they should be able to stray away from the comic book version a bit when making a film. In order to get a hour and a half of worth of viewable material ,they really do need to add to, and sometimes wander away from the original story lines. Either way It would be better than watching most of the garbage that passes for entertainment these days :D

Reactions: surge and Debi
I enjoyed the movie, and the series .I really think they should be able to stray away from the comic book version a bit when making a film. In order to get a hour and a half of worth of viewable material ,they really do need to add to, and sometimes wander away from the original story lines. Either way It would be better than watching most of the garbage that passes for entertainment these days :D
I'm okay with straying from the source material, I just don't think they've managed to really present Constantine in his full, anti-social glory yet. I'm afraid the commercial networks are too restrictive to do him justice. :D