WW2 Bomb Explodes in German field

Good find debi. Such a shame, there was probably a lot of ruins destroyed in the war. Now to think the bombs are still a threat.
I am not actively looking for these stories, but they are suddenly popping up all over!

Reactions: Lynne
Maybe it’s time to get them cleaned up.
I think it's been more an ongoing thing because they can't find them all. And it's really dangerous to try and defuse these things. They'd have to blow them up.

Reactions: Lynne
I read that a lot of the World War 1 weapons cant be cleaned up because they are chemical weapons and they don't know exactly where they all are.

The fuses on the bombs go off because of metal fatigue over a hundred years old.

I saw on the news last week that they found a big bomb in what looks like a decent-sized city in Germany. Had to evacuate 16,000 people.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Red Zone
This article focuses on the Verdun Red Zone and how the landscape severely changed over time. It went from farmland to wetlands today.

Reactions: Debi
Red Zone
This article focuses on the Verdun Red Zone and how the landscape severely changed over time. It went from farmland to wetlands today.
I guess it’s good for the wildlife.... for now. I wonder how long it will take before they all deteriorate ?

I guess it’s good for the wildlife.... for now. I wonder how long it will take before they all deteriorate ?
France and their Red Zone - World Beyond War . . .
On their own, 300 -700 years.:(
10,000 years for the heavy metals in the soil.:eek:
War is like a bad houseguest, it never really leaves.
French11.jpg

Last edited:
"less than being struck by a lightning bolt" but people do get struck by lightning so...