Wristwatches

Guess they are like everything else, damned by some on that site but praised by others. I did like the bit about them being "gift watches"; sounds like they created a niche, then filled it. I have no illusion what one gets in a $50-$100 watch, but still might take a chance on one of them when my back-up Casio dies. I wear my Eco-Drive at least 95% of the time I wear a watch, but go to the back-up if working outside or traveling to sketchy parts of the world.

Thanks Roy.
Yes, they get good reviews and bad, all taken with a grain of salt.

One company that comes to mind in that price range is Stuhrling Watches. They have sport watches to dress watches and all price ranges. They even use decent movements in some of their better watches.

https://www.stuhrling.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
Yes, they get good reviews and bad, all taken with a grain of salt.

One company that comes to mind in that price range is Stuhrling Watches. They have sport watches to dress watches and all price ranges. They even use decent movements in some of their better watches.

https://www.stuhrling.com/
what is your favorite watch, that you own,Sea?

Reactions: Seahunter
what is your favorite watch, that you own,Sea?
Wow, that's a tough question. I'm going to go with my Omega Seamaster Limited Edition 007 James Bond watch. The ref. 2537.80.00 was released in 2002 in honor of both the release of Die Another Day and the 40th anniversary of James Bond. Its dial features a repeating 007 logo, while the caseback is inspired by the gun barrel sequence.

soldier-25378000.png

caseback-25378000.png

Casio G-SHOCK GBA800 with Step Tracker

spacer.png

As technology pushes the size of everyday gadgets smaller and smaller, they're easier than ever to carry. For example, fitness bands are finding their way onto more wrists as a convenient way for people to stay fit. And while it used to mean that old-fashioned watches got pushed aside in favor of smartwatches and fitness trackers, watchmakers are starting to get in on the action. With Casio's new GBA800 Step Tracker, the G-SHOCK line brings its muscle to the modern day with rugged features to keep you on top of your fitness game as well as your day-to-day.

With decades of reliable performance behind it, a G-SHOCK watch is one of the best tools you can use for your active day. The GBA800 is no different. It's got the shock-resistant, ultra-rugged case that's become the brand's design signature, giving the watch an iconic style while protecting its internals to the tune of 200 meters, a rating usually reserved for high-performance dive watches. Its analog-digital quartz movement comes with a solid complement of features, including a stopwatch, countdown timer, day and date display, and push-button illumination of its dial and display.

But it's the tech department that gives the GBA800 its edge. A built-in 3-axis accelerometer tracks your movement and gives you displays at the 1 and 6 o'clock positions to give you data at a glance, helping motivate you to make that extra push to hit your goals. This data then pairs via Bluetooth with the G-SHOCK Connected app for smartphones to help track and analyze your progress, while adding other features like auto-time adjustment and a locator for your phone.

Whether adding one of the most rugged watches to your EDC or making the first move towards a healthier lifestyle, the G-SHOCK GBA800 is with you every step of the way. Pick up the black colorway from Amazon at the link below.

Around $120

15b1eb81ec85c0.jpg

Wow, that's a tough question. I'm going to go with my Omega Seamaster Limited Edition 007 James Bond watch. The ref. 2537.80.00 was released in 2002 in honor of both the release of Die Another Day and the 40th anniversary of James Bond. Its dial features a repeating 007 logo, while the caseback is inspired by the gun barrel sequence.

soldier-25378000.png

caseback-25378000.png

WOW! HOW MUCH DID THAT SET YOU BACK?

WOW! HOW MUCH DID THAT SET YOU BACK?
Believe it or not, my Omega dealer had one in stock and gave me his standard 30% off! Way back then, I only paid about $1,500. If you find a used one on the market today, they are often around $4,000 and that isn't even a complete package with boxes and stuff!

Believe it or not, my Omega dealer had one in stock and gave me his standard 30% off! Way back then, I only paid about $1,500. If you find a used one on the market today, they are often around $4,000 and that isn't even a complete package with boxes and stuff!

You never pay retail!! Love it!

Reactions: Seahunter
This LE watch came in a special blue box instead of red, and had a blue credit card holder instead of red. A complete set would also include the warranty card, the chronometer card, pictograms card, certificate of authenticity, the hang tag (price tag), and the instruction manual - hardbound book.

omega-blue-seamaster-40-years-james-bond-limited-edition-25378000-watch-14518801-5-0.jpg