Would you...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

291824857_6218269054901774_3695235002943983255_n.png

I'm pretty much there now, we live about 5 miles from where I grew up. I'd move back to that immediate area in a heartbeat, it's still farm land and very low key.

I actually looked up my old childhood home online. Just to see what changes have been made. Great memories! I lived in one house until age 9, then moved 2 blocks up the street when the parents built the new place.

I think what I miss most is the ethnic feel and FOOD! lol

I don't think so. I once drove past that area and it has changed drastically from the peaceful neighborhood where my parents purchased their first home. We used to run up and down the street, visit our neighborhood friends, etc. That area has gotten more "urban" and I actually wouldn't feel safe living there now.

Reactions: Duke and Debi
I am living in the house we grew up in (well we moved a lot but my parents kept this house and moved back after we all left home). I moved back to take care of my mother and when she died and I had a job again I bought my brother's half interest in the house. I am fixing it up now (have been little by little for years). The current project involves plumbers and a contractor ripping out one of the bath rooms and rebuilding it, adding a laundry room. It is slow going. Some of the neighbors I grew up with are still in the neighborhood, or like me, their children are living in their old house.

I'm pretty much there now, we live about 5 miles from where I grew up. I'd move back to that immediate area in a heartbeat, it's still farm land and very low key.
I have the exact same answer. I didn't go far.

Reactions: garnetsilver