Would you?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

You live back in the times of the old west. You have a choice.
Head out West on the Wagon Train and make a new life, look for gold, or just get to California for the good life
OR
You stay in Civilization in the East where there is little danger and not a lot of unknowns!
Which would be your choice?
242543370_5232485873480102_2971018922340564847_n.jpg

For the record, you could not force me onto a train headed west! Nope! I want my nice clothes and civilization in the East, thank you.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
Head west to Cali. Open up a restaurant. Improve to the absolute best of my ability. And become the Best Chef in the Wild West! :p (Sorry, I'm a little wound up tonight. Sleepy.)
Well, sounds like a plan! Food was very important in that day. You would have probably been a real hit!

Reactions: Lone Wolf
I would have definitely headed out West but probably not with a wagon train. My family came to Texas when it was a part of Mexico. Some went farther west and then came back to Texas after Texas broke off from Mexico and became a country. We SHOULD have stayed that way and been and just been allied to the US. If Texas were a nation we would be one of the richest in the world. Instead, we are a rather poor state. The US government has so regulated and controlled our resources that only the very rich, often out-of-state owners, greatly benefit from them.

Reactions: RoseRed
East. The future is the greatest frontier and it's everywhere and inevitable. No amount of geographical travel can outrun it and it centres on the centres of civilisation, rather than it's fringes. I'd stay where the action was... in a less physical sense.

East. The future is the greatest frontier and it's everywhere and inevitable. No amount of geographical travel can outrun it and it centres on the centres of civilisation, rather than it's fringes. I'd stay where the action was... in a less physical sense.
That's a very astute observation, Benway, and you're probably right!

However, I would go west into the wilds and the unknown!

Reactions: Benway