Would you move...

If i was moving from my apartment, i could easily move to an area/state where i knew nobody. I can adapt easily if that's what i truly wanted. But, at this stage in life, i am thinking of retirement (though years away) lol. I have under 9 years left to pay on my mortgage, so moving now just doesn't seem likely. I don't see a reason to move where i know rent or a new mortgage would be higher than what i am paying now. My house is comfortable and i can easily retire here without hardship.

I would be more concerned with the actual location than I would not knowing anyone. I wouldn't want to move to an area where I could not take part in activities and events I enjoy regardless of who I knew there.

I currently live at least 3hrs from friends and family. I'm not interested in making new friends at this age and don't go to pubs or clubs to meet anyone anyway, lol. I've lived in more than 20 places, including suburbs of Sydney.

ive lived in quite a few places and states. moved around a lot when younger. if i liked an area i would stay for a few months or a year here and there. i like being in new areas and seeing what i can find, meeting new people, etc... i would have no problem moving to another state or town and actually find myself checking different places often for when the time comes to do it again....lol