Would you like to write a book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've recently given some thought to writing again. It appears there is some interest in what I think I know, so I'm wrestling with the should I/shouldn't I question of writer's angst. I know several people out there that ARE writing at the moment and the decision to jump in the water with them looks inviting but still somewhat daunting!

So, have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what would it be about? Fiction or non-fiction? What would be your working title? And, while you're at it, got a title for mine???

I've dabbled a little with writing, but I know I'm not good enough, creative enough or disciplined enough to ever write an entire book. If I did write one, it would be an instructional book for men called "How to Marry a Woman Out of Your League and Be Happy!".

As for a title for you, I think "My Wiccan Ways" has a nice ring to it. ;)

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
LOL Cute title, but I'm thinking of keeping it more on a paranormal/energy working level without the spells and such. Like I said, just playing with the idea like a cat plays with yarn right now....swiping at it to see if it's alive. :p

I used to really enjoy writing in school and I did quite a few papers in grad school for seminars, so I would lean toward writing non-fiction. My thesis work was centering on shipboard lighting during the 18th and 19th centuries. If I wrote non-fiction, it would center on either travel and/or different cultures with anthropology and archaeology.

Now, I also enjoyed creative writing in school, but I don't know what topic I would choose there??

Reactions: surge and Debi
I have wanted to write a book for years and started to at one point. Like so many other things in my life, it went by the wayside.

Debi, I think you should write a book about Wicca. I know there are many books on the subject out there, but the way you explain things is easy to understand. Some books make Wicca seem complicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: surge
I have wanted to write a book for years and started to at one point. Like so many other things in my life, it went by the wayside.

Debi, I think you should write a book about Wicca. I know there are many books on the subject out there, but the way you explain tings is easy to understand. Some books make Wicca seem complicated.
Actually, my dear girl, you are the reason I'm considering writing one! ;) Thanks for the inspiration! (I may have to title it "Conversations with Nekki!")

Last edited:
I just finished my first novel, called Velvet Heaven. It is about an older woman who is a talk show host and gets changed into a vampire. I have two publishers looking at it currently. You should write! Writing is fun, good for the soul , and a great outlet!

I just finished my first novel, called Velvet Heaven. It is about an older woman who is a talk show host and gets changed into a vampire. I have two publishers looking at it currently. You should write! Writing is fun, good for the soul , and a great outlet!
Good to see you again, Velvet! Yes, I've written before and have had several articles published in the past, so I do know the joy of it. Just gotta get myself in the right mindset to tackle it again! :)

Reactions: velvetheaven1975
Status
Not open for further replies.