Would love opinions

Soup919

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a new member to this forum. I have been scouring the internet in hopes of finding information. But I cannot find what I am looking for.

We have a new construction home, we have only live here for a couple years. A few months ago we started having some weird things happen..but they were so small we didnt think twice about them at the time. Things were just moved and not where we left them. But that was about it.

After that our smoke detectors started to act funny. The batteries would drain insanely fast, and they would randomly go off in the middle of the night. Being new construction, we figured it was something wrong with the wiring or something and called the contractor to check them out. Everything checked out ok.

So hear is the part that I usually lose most people. I am a huge horror movie buff. Always have loved them. A company called NECA has put out a line of horror movie action figures. So of course I had to get them. We have a whole wall dedicated to them in our room, including movie posters. Nothing weird has ever happened with them. For Christmas (stuff was happening before this, but we hadn't caught on yet) my husband bought me some Horror Movie Lego Pieces to decorate my shelves with. A few weeks ago I started noticing the Annabelle Lego Piece would be moved to the opposite side of the shelf than where I placed it, and turned in a different direction than straight forward like I placed it. This is the time we started realizing something may be off. So my husband and I placed the figure exactly so and took a picture. A couple days later, it had moved. It was only a small move in comparison to the previous moves. But still.

So we decided to set up 2 security cameras. We haven't caught anything moving. But we did start catching small things happening in the middle of the night. Knocks, scratches, and a lamp that I leave on start to flicker. Fast forward a week. I turned off the cameras temporarily because I was deep cleaning my room and didnt want to get a million and one notifications on my phone that there was sound and motion detected. I left the house to pick up my son for school so I was gone for 20 minutes. Walked in and Lego Annabelle is on the floor. Of course it was highly convenient that I forgot to turn the cameras back on.

I am not Catholic but I called a priest over to bless our house. Which I was even second guessing that, because I dont want to offend anyone. As I said we are big horror movie buffs and I have an actual action figure of a demon nun in my bedroom. Anyway.. If I knew how to post pictures and videos I would share them. But I cannot figure it out

Hi Soup, and welcome. Most of the things you describe, in and of themselves, can be explained. Taken in whole, however, it does sound like some type activity.

Members here come from different backgrounds, and will no doubt be asking questions. Don't take offense, the questions aren't because anyone is doubting you, but rather for us to better understand you situation.

First, let me ask if you or your husband have been involved in any paranormal activity such as using Ouija boards or otherwise trying to contact spirits/entities? Gone on any ghost hunts? Did you bring any old or antique objects into the house about the time this activity started, or since?

Did you notice any difference in the activity after the priest blessed the house? I'm also curious if you explained your situation in detail as you have here to the priest, and if you did, did he have any comment or explanations?

Hi, Soup. New members have a short delay in the ability to post vids and pics for a few days.

Duke just asked you the questions I would have so I shall wait for your responses!

Maybe because of your high interest/ fascination in these horror movies and figures you are transferring your energy into them, giving them a life of some sort. Welcome to the forum Soup.

Hi Soup919 . Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Sorry to hear of your misadventures. You say that this is a new construction. Do you know anything about the land where your house sits ? Do you have neighbors ?

Welcome Soup. I'm a bit of a horror movie fan myself, not so much in the collectables though. But my son an I have matching Friday the 13th hockey masks to wear when watching horror films together.

That being said I'd place the likelihood of something being caused by horror movie memorabilia to be pretty low. Typically there would need to be something very specific about an object which creates a deep emotional reason for some kind of attachment, simply looking like something in a horror film isn't an indication of that. Especially if you enjoy horror movies then any emotions you attach to these objects are going to be fairly positive.

The fact that this is new construction doesn't necessarily rule anything out either. Critter asks about the history of the land, which is an excellent question. Several years ago when I was living in New Mexico a friend of mine bought a brand new house in a new housing division being built. His home was fully constructed but just down the street was a neighborhood of empty lots where homes were going to be built.

He had a little housewarming party a few weeks after moving in and invited the entire neighborhood, which was about 7 people at the time, along with myself. While I was there he pulled me aside to ask my opinion on something. He started to tell me about some strange things happening including what he thought was a dark shadow standing in his bathroom door. On of the neighbors overhead our conversation and interrupted with "Oh, so you have them too?" The neighbor then went on to explain that the neighborhood was being built in a valley where native tribes had traveled back and forth during winter and spring to stay out of inclement weather and a lot of people died on those journeys. He also said that both he and another neighbor were also seeing shadow people in their new houses. So despite being new construction his house was having activity due to the history of the land rather than of the building.

So I would suggest looking at the history of the land and in the meantime keep filming. You might not be able to capture anything definitive on video but it can at least help rule somethings out.

Hi Soup, and welcome. Most of the things you describe, in and of themselves, can be explained. Taken in whole, however, it does sound like some type activity.

Members here come from different backgrounds, and will no doubt be asking questions. Don't take offense, the questions aren't because anyone is doubting you, but rather for us to better understand you situation.

First, let me ask if you or your husband have been involved in any paranormal activity such as using Ouija boards or otherwise trying to contact spirits/entities? Gone on any ghost hunts? Did you bring any old or antique objects into the house about the time this activity started, or since?

Did you notice any difference in the activity after the priest blessed the house? I'm also curious if you explained your situation in detail as you have here to the priest, and if you did, did he have any comment or explanations?

I take absolutely no offense. I will happy to explain anything I can to the best of my abilities.

To answer your questions. We have not been to anything paranormal or used any sort of object that could be tied to paranormal whatsoever. As far as antiques. This home that we moved into is alot bigger than our last home so I have outfitted it with a bunch of things I found at the Goodwill. I would say a good 30% of stuff in our house is from the Goodwill. So if I did purchase something it would be hard to pinpoint it to one or even 2 objects.

As for the priest. He has not come yet, I have an appointment with him next week on Thursday for him to come over. So that part has not been done yet.

I saw the admin posted that new members cannot post media for awhile. As soon as I can I will post my pictures and videos.

Reactions: Selectric and Duke
Hi Soup919 . Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Sorry to hear of your misadventures. You say that this is a new construction. Do you know anything about the land where your house sits ? Do you have neighbors ?
Hi! I thought about that too. I tried doing some research about the land. There is nothing on it. As far as I am aware its just an old horse pasture. It was sub divided a long time ago and sold off. All the houses/buildings around us are relatively new. The oldest house was built in 1993.

Reactions: Selectric
Welcome Soup. I'm a bit of a horror movie fan myself, not so much in the collectables though. But my son an I have matching Friday the 13th hockey masks to wear when watching horror films together.

That being said I'd place the likelihood of something being caused by horror movie memorabilia to be pretty low. Typically there would need to be something very specific about an object which creates a deep emotional reason for some kind of attachment, simply looking like something in a horror film isn't an indication of that. Especially if you enjoy horror movies then any emotions you attach to these objects are going to be fairly positive.

The fact that this is new construction doesn't necessarily rule anything out either. Critter asks about the history of the land, which is an excellent question. Several years ago when I was living in New Mexico a friend of mine bought a brand new house in a new housing division being built. His home was fully constructed but just down the street was a neighborhood of empty lots where homes were going to be built.

He had a little housewarming party a few weeks after moving in and invited the entire neighborhood, which was about 7 people at the time, along with myself. While I was there he pulled me aside to ask my opinion on something. He started to tell me about some strange things happening including what he thought was a dark shadow standing in his bathroom door. On of the neighbors overhead our conversation and interrupted with "Oh, so you have them too?" The neighbor then went on to explain that the neighborhood was being built in a valley where native tribes had traveled back and forth during winter and spring to stay out of inclement weather and a lot of people died on those journeys. He also said that both he and another neighbor were also seeing shadow people in their new houses. So despite being new construction his house was having activity due to the history of the land rather than of the building.

So I would suggest looking at the history of the land and in the meantime keep filming. You might not be able to capture anything definitive on video but it can at least help rule somethings out.
Thats actually an interesting point I had not looked into. We are right along a old highway (its actually called Old Highway 99). I did do research into the land the house was actually built on. There is no information, from what I understand the land was a old horse pasture which was sub divided and sold off. But I never thought of looking into the highway its self. Im sure there is more accessible information about that. I will look into it.

I saw the admin posted that new members cannot post media for awhile. As soon as I can I will post my pictures and videos
I have asked our tech person to clear you for those postings later today. When you do a reply, watch for an "Attach files" box in the lower left hand corner and that will allow you to post those. We have the delay in order to prevent spammers from downloading.