Worst one...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
74230466_2523647797919890_3726045366647259136_n (Small).png

Overcooked sweet potatoes. Second runner up: Candied sweet potatoes. Ugh!
I like plain roasted sweet potatoes with butter, or steamed and mashed, or made into french fries. And I know you said one, but I also found mince meat pie gross!

I like plain roasted sweet potatoes with butter, or steamed and mashed, or made into french fries. And I know you said one, but I also found mince meat pie gross!
Feel free to add as many as you wish. I have a few on my list as well! lol First up...no pumpkin anything. Yuck. Second, I will never, ever be able to be in the same room as oyster stuffing. OMG...my dad loved that stuff and it is soooo gross! The smell gags me.

Oyster stuffing! Who thinks of these things? I think I would gag, too. Actually, one year my mother made chestnut stuffing for the turkey and I just could not eat it.

Reactions: ozentity

Sweet potatoes, period!

Don’t mean to come off as preachy at all my PNF family but I come from a lower class income family. Though I didn’t always have the most nutritious food, the idea of letting anything go to waste was abhorrent to me. That said, my family always created the biggest, broadest holiday meals possible. Seems to me that my Mom and Sister who did most of the cooking (I would assist them) never really included in our menu any items not desired or even cherish by most of the family.

However, if there was one item that frequently didn’t make it from the serving dishes onto my plate, it was the black olives.

Adding my own anti-thread-theme-post too. The one food item I dearly loved which few of my family members did was stuffing made with the “giblets” (?). We always got our turkeys from a local small butcher and it came with a bag of inners like the neck, heart, gizzard, liver, etc. My Mom would cook up those parts and allow me to mix them into a separate crock of stuffing just for the very few of us that would eat it. The rest of the family would serve up from the gibletless crock.

Adding my own anti-thread-theme-post too. The one food item I dearly loved which few of my family members did was stuffing made with the “giblets” (?). We always got our turkeys from a local small butcher and it came with a bag of inners like the neck, heart, gizzard, liver, etc. My Mom would cook up those parts and allow me to mix them into a separate crock of stuffing just for the very few of us that would eat it. The rest of the family would serve up from the gibletless crock.
I love giblet stuffing and I make a small amount each year just for me...as I'm the only one who will touch it.

I love giblet stuffing and I make a small amount each year just for me...as I'm the only one who will touch it.
You must be my taste-bud-twin! If you ever find you have excess stuffing, please remember that that I have excess internal pouches!

Hey, you ever make leftover stuffing sandwiches or stuffing patties (you know with an egg and fried)?