Worst Date

I remember my 89 year old aunt told me that when my grandmother had a bad date and she asked the guy to take her home but instead he drove down a deserted road. She told him to stop and let her out but he didn't so she jumped out and rolled into a ditch, then he stopped but he didn't see her so he drove on. She walked a few miles to a farm house and asked them to call her sister to come pick her up.

I once met a man for a date at a bonfire night event. I arrived on time but there was no sign of him. I waited and waited and twenty minutes went by, thirty minutes went by, but still no sign of him. He wasn't responding to my texts either.

Now, as I've said before, bonfire night is my favourite celebration of the year so I didn't want to miss it. Thinking I'd been stood up or that he was unable to respond because he was still driving, I made my way into the field and found a nice spot to stand so that we could both see the fireworks if he did turn up (those events get pretty crowded).

I texted him again to tell him where I was and what I'd done, but was shocked when he angrily responded that I should have waited for him at the gate so we could "go in together". I explained I didn't want to miss the fireworks and that I'd saved us a good spot but he still spent the whole evening complaining about what I'd done. He made me feel really bad about it so...

....I gave him a second chance and agreed to meet up for another date.

Before that second date, I had gone to visit my parents for the afternoon when he started texting me incessantly. I explained I was with my parents but he kept on texting. I put my phone away because there was no way I could respond to his string of fifty or so texts literally begging for my attention.

In the end, I texted to say "Look, I'm with my parents which is why I haven't replied. Can you please stop texting?", to which he gave the rather pathetic response, "But I'm here too!"

Needless to say, there was never a second date.

Once he realised it was all over he kept on emailing and texting me and saying that he'd not been able to go to work because of me. He said he'd made himself sick from crying so much and that I'd basically ruined his life. He sent so many emails and texts in a similar vein that I was forced to threaten him with the police.

I never heard from him again after that, thankfully!

Well these Tales are certainly a combination of funny, sad, and terrifying !

This is probably benign. I was really crazy about this girl in junior high school but she was dating my friend. Well that falls into the category of Guy code. In college I went off to Indiana University and I think she went off to Purdue.
One time back for summer, we had a big table at a bar and our mutual friends suggested we go out on a date. After all we have so much in common and they really built us up in each other's eyes.
Well we go on the date - dinner and a movie and there is absolutely no love connection. Not even the tiniest spark for either one of us ! And then she said it first on the way home. "So, what are we going to tell our friends ?"
So we got a laugh out of that and managed to disappoint mutual friends.

There was another girl that I knew from high school that found me out of the phone book because she needed her house painted. I haven't seen her in 25 years. She used to date another friend of mine and all these years later she still carrying a torch. Like the Statue of Liberty torch. She was pretty and witty and really funny. ( that can be exhausting.)

Remember on Seinfeld how Elaine would push Jerry & the gang and say "get out"?
Well this was the first warning sign and the second one was she could be a mean drunk and pick fights with everybody.
Hard pass.
My high school friend really dodged a bullet because they were going to get married right out of high school. And for all I know I wouldn't put it past her to kidnap my friend and keep him in a cage in the basement...

I once met a man for a date at a bonfire night event. I arrived on time but there was no sign of him. I waited and waited and twenty minutes went by, thirty minutes went by, but still no sign of him. He wasn't responding to my texts either.

Now, as I've said before, bonfire night is my favourite celebration of the year so I didn't want to miss it. Thinking I'd been stood up or that he was unable to respond because he was still driving, I made my way into the field and found a nice spot to stand so that we could both see the fireworks if he did turn up (those events get pretty crowded).

I texted him again to tell him where I was and what I'd done, but was shocked when he angrily responded that I should have waited for him at the gate so we could "go in together". I explained I didn't want to miss the fireworks and that I'd saved us a good spot but he still spent the whole evening complaining about what I'd done. He made me feel really bad about it so...

Before that second date, I had gone to visit my parents for the afternoon when he started texting me incessantly. I explained I was with my parents but he kept on texting. I put my phone away because there was no way I could respond to his string of fifty or so texts literally begging for my attention.

In the end, I texted to say "Look, I'm with my parents which is why I haven't replied. Can you please stop texting?", to which he gave the rather pathetic response, "But I'm here too!"

Once he realised it was all over he kept on emailing and texting me and saying that he'd not been able to go to work because of me. He said he'd made himself sick from crying so much and that I'd basically ruined his life. He sent so many emails and texts in a similar vein that I was forced to threaten him with the police.

Yikes. Would've went to the store and bought him a bib and rattle and left it at his front step lol.

Well these Tales are certainly a combination of funny, sad, and terrifying !

This is probably benign. I was really crazy about this girl in junior high school but she was dating my friend. Well that falls into the category of Guy code. In college I went off to Indiana University and I think she went off to Purdue.
One time back for summer, we had a big table at a bar and our mutual friends suggested we go out on a date. After all we have so much in common and they really built us up in each other's eyes.
Well we go on the date - dinner and a movie and there is absolutely no love connection. Not even the tiniest spark for either one of us ! And then she said it first on the way home. "So, what are we going to tell our friends ?"
So we got a laugh out of that and managed to disappoint mutual friends.

There was another girl that I knew from high school that found me out of the phone book because she needed her house painted. I haven't seen her in 25 years. She used to date another friend of mine and all these years later she still carrying a torch. Like the Statue of Liberty torch. She was pretty and witty and really funny. ( that can be exhausting.)

Remember on Seinfeld how Elaine would push Jerry & the gang and say "get out"?
Well this was the first warning sign and the second one was she could be a mean drunk and pick fights with everybody.
Hard pass.
My high school friend really dodged a bullet because they were going to get married right out of high school. And for all I know I wouldn't put it past her to kidnap my friend and keep him in a cage in the basement...
I got sucker punched a few times by drunk females lol. Completely minding my business no less rofl.

Yikes. Would've went to the store and bought him a bib and rattle and left it at his front step lol.

I don't think that guy got enough attention as a kid, Selectric nailed it. As soon as people get clingly I run, but I am a Hermit, lol.

I don't think that guy got enough attention as a kid, Selectric nailed it. As soon as people get clingly I run, but I am a Hermit, lol.
nah, he probably just gave everything in a previous relationship, which is good and as it should be, but you always got to get a couple things back when it ends.....his ex probably still has them in her purse as a souvenir..........

I met a girl on a phone dating site before the internet here. We talked for weeks and decided to meet up. She seemed very nice, single and when I asked what she looked like she said, I'm no Elle McPherson but sort of similar. I was over the moon with excitement and invited her to stay for the weekend, she lived about 100 miles away in another town. I planned to pick her up from the bus station :<3 . The bus came in and most got off but no young ladies until a very average looking girl got off and walked toward me. I was sort of disappointed but she wasn't too bad. I said hello and she walked past me, leaving me confused. I was about to leave when something small and hairy rolled down the bus stairs and headed my way :eek:. I'm not Shallow Hal but this girl looked barely human. 4ft tall, no neck, hairy with rotten teeth. I turned to the ute but she grabbed me in an embrace of bad breath and ugliness. I had promised her the weekend so we went home. She chased me around for 2 days on the farm. She informed me she had 6 kids and I was amazed anyone had gone there 6 times. The weekend ended finally and I drove her to the bus station but she had planned to miss it. I chased the bus in my Suzuki ute for 75 miles until it stopped and I unloaded my precious cargo, never to darken my doorstep again. :D
Omg that’s the best “worst date story ever”! I spit out my pop. Oh Oz that had to be horrible.