Wolverine type healing tech research

This is one of those things that I both frighten me and leave me in awe. The potential for medical advancement is amazing and I would love to imagine a future where such technology allows us to treat injuries much faster and even allow the treatment for things that we currently cannot. However I also worry that the hubris of those working on such advancements could lead to dire, unintended consequences along the way towards such goals.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. I wonder what the COST of this sort of mega-healing would be?

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Would be amazing if it works with no side effects. It's sad that the Gov puts this much effort for battle situations instead of just the benefit of humanity in general.

Reactions: Paulm
This sounds like a good breakthrough to me. They arn’t putting titanium rods in the body like the movie but just a spray on protein that aids in cell programming. I think the potential to help people heal is real. Since this doesn’t involve surgical procedures other than what someone would have to already go through it should be cost effective too.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Would be amazing if it works with no side effects. It's sad that the Gov puts this much effort for battle situations instead of just the benefit of humanity in general.

"If Necessity is the mother of invention then surely War must be it's father"

I'm not sure if that's a real quote from someone. I thought I made it up in highschool but my teacher took points off my term paper for not citing the source. Regardless, it does seem like a great deal of our modern conveniences grew out of the war effort or originally had military applications.

I remember having a conversation with a friend once who was telling me about this brand new technology he had just read an article on and what it could do. I was able to engage in the conversation and even point out strengths and weaknesses in the tech and go into detail about how it all worked. He asked if I had read the article and I said No, but I had experience with that exact same technology a decade earlier when I was in the Army.

Reactions: ozentity
Sadly for the human race, we indeed will spend a lot more money to better allow us to kill each other than to save lives.

Reactions: ozentity
"If Necessity is the mother of invention then surely War must be it's father"

I'm not sure if that's a real quote from someone. I thought I made it up in highschool but my teacher took points off my term paper for not citing the source. Regardless, it does seem like a great deal of our modern conveniences grew out of the war effort or originally had military applications.

I remember having a conversation with a friend once who was telling me about this brand new technology he had just read an article on and what it could do. I was able to engage in the conversation and even point out strengths and weaknesses in the tech and go into detail about how it all worked. He asked if I had read the article and I said No, but I had experience with that exact same technology a decade earlier when I was in the Army.
You are correct that much of the powers that be want to insure their positions and are highly motivated to create bigger and better ways to keep them. I don’t see human nature changing anytime soon but if we can get something good for humanity out of it at least it’s a step in the right direction.