Witch bottle

Lots of "shoe-perstitions" out there.

And yes, shoes have also been used on the same basis as Witch Bottles.

For any of you Harry Potter fans, if you remember Dobby, the house-elf, the gift of clothing set him free. JK Rowling was serious about her magical research.

The brownie and hob, domestic fairies found in England and Scotland, could be driven off by a gift of clothing.

Reactions: Lynne

For any of you Harry Potter fans, if you remember Dobby, the house-elf, the gift of clothing set him free. JK Rowling was serious about her magical research.

The brownie and hob, domestic fairies found in England and Scotland, could be driven off by a gift of clothing.
So basically theses are all like sigils as a place to focus and project .

well, if bronzed baby shoes bring luck or protection, just imagine what a bronzed grandparent would do...(bringing the burial thread into the mix...haha)...sorry, just the first thing that popped into my mind

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
well, if bronzed baby shoes bring luck or protection, just imagine what a bronzed grandparent would do...(bringing the burial thread into the mix...haha)...sorry, just the first thing that popped into my mind
How these two threads ended up related amazes me...lol

Reactions: Paulm
How these two threads ended up related amazes me...lol
give it a minute and im sure there will be a recipe thrown in also.....lol... well, hey, you know any good food for warding off bad juju... might as well go ahead and get there...maybe something with garlic....hmmm

Reactions: Lynne
give it a minute and im sure there will be a recipe thrown in also.....lol... well, hey, you know any good food for warding off bad juju... might as well go ahead and get there...maybe something with garlic....hmmm

Dear Goddess help me....... :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: jadamz and Paulm
Witch Bottles originally were used as a counter-ritual to witchcraft or evil spells. It was supposed to keep the evil witches away and work against their spells and was often tucked away in the walls or foundation of a house.

Now, they are used by Wiccans and Witches as spells to keep evil away. (Most Wiccans and Witches are involved in White Light and not evil/darkness.) Except instead of filling them with urine and teeth (and other yucky stuff) things like herbs, crystals and other positive items are in them. You can bury them, hang them, or simply sit them on a shelf.

As with all things of magic, it's the intention that manifests the "magic". If intentions are good, that is what will manifest.
You so smart! :kissingheart:

Yes and no. They are different, but as with all magic, intention makes them both work.
Yes just trying to put it in context being as glass seemed special in certain time spans and shoes ware out and no longer use full or from a deceased person gives you something to use but yet witch bottles are still being used in many ways must be out of tradition i suppose we use what we have to do what we need .

We don't have a witch bottle but we do have an ugly lucky urn. My great grandparents and my grandparents have both lost a house to a tornado. In both cases, it just tore the house down to the ground and hauled most of it off. After it was all done there was an odd thing. All that was left of both houses was a piano with these two ugly urns on top. It didn't even take the sheet music off of the piano but did take the bench. I have one in my living room but if I saw a tornado coming I might grab it and hide in a closet with that ugly urn and my family. Hey, it couldn't hurt...
A great story Dan. At the tornados strange that way. I’ve heard so many similar stories over the years. I lost two family members in one in 1964.

• Sad
Reactions: Debi