Wish or prayer

I think our I intentions only go out so far as effecting other people. I think the bigger the range the more people are needed in the agreement. Free will seems to be a universal law of sorts. Just my opinion on it. I don’t think one person wanting snow would effect the whole country. However if everyone was wishing for snow, perhaps then it might cause an effect.
Very good point.

Reactions: Consus and Lynne
This thread brought to mind something I heard my second grade teacher, Sister Joseph Anna, say in class. "God answers every prayer, but we have to accept sometimes the answer is 'no'."

This is my attitude, as well, also being the product of a Catholic elementary school.

It's sobering to think that those nuns have been dead for half a century, yet their lessons live on.

Reactions: Duke
This is my attitude, as well, also being the product of a Catholic elementary school.

It's sobering to think that those nuns have been dead for half a century, yet their lessons live on.
The nun in my story was still very much alive back about ten years ago. She was no longer a nun, having left the order (Sisters of Charity) in the 70s. She was unique among the nuns at our church in the early 60s, she was both very young (early/mid 20s) and black. My fondest memories are of her playing kickball and shooting marbles with us at recess. I found her on a website called "Classmates," and we exchange a couple emails. She didn't remember me specifically, but we shared memories of the school and parish.

I have a second cousin who is in her 80's now, a former nun herself now living with her partner in the deep south. But in the 60's when I was in grade school, I think I only ever saw one "young" nun, and even she would have to be nearly 90 by now if she still lives.

I have a second cousin who is in her 80's now, a former nun herself now living with her partner in the deep south. But in the 60's when I was in grade school, I think I only ever saw one "young" nun, and even she would have to be nearly 90 by now if she still lives.
My best friend from school days (and still a bestie) is a nun and head of her order. A delightful redhead who can read Tarot better than most...lol

When I was about ten and following the tradition of Native Americans, our class went outside to perform a rain dance. I really didn't even think that'd it work, but it did rain immediately afterwards, it did. Whether it was a coincidence, prayer, or even a subconscious wish on my part, I'll never know. But it's something I'll never forget.