Winter sport?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

ANY OF YOU ENJOY WINTER SPORTS NOW OR AS A CHILD?
SKIING, ICE FISHING, SNOWMOBILE, SLEDDING?
HOW ABOUT ICE SKATING?
HOW ABOUT BUILDING SNOW FORTS?
EPIC SNOWBALL FIGHTS?
GOT SOME MEMORIES?
PLEASE SHARE!

1613421520511.png

Reactions: garnetsilver
I have a few snow mobile stories cracked two ribs flipping one was a painful ride back but one that foremost in memory is in the late 70s in the up was a 440 ski doo back then they were huge and heavy any ways about a mile out broke a belt and of course i didn't have spare but had a toe strap so i looped it threw front of the skies and dragged it all the way back but on the way back i got strafed by a snow owl scared the you know what out if me but was something i wont ever forget .

My senior year in college a company in Buffalo, NY, flew me up for an interview. At the end of the day, they took me in to talk to a woman in personnel. As part of her spiel, she was telling me about living in Buffalo. She started off with, "Do you like winter sports?".

Hunting in the hills with my dogs, no snakes, flies, wasps or killer heat. Luckily only a couple of Summer weeks left. :D

I briefly enjoyed ice skating as a child, but always wanted to do more of it. Of course being from a large family, we built an igloo, made snowmen, and pelted each other with snowballs. I have never skied but find it fun to watch. I especially like watching the winter Olympics with the skating!

I briefly enjoyed ice skating as a child, but always wanted to do more of it. Of course being from a large family, we built an igloo, made snowmen, and pelted each other with snowballs. I have never skied but find it fun to watch. I especially like watching the winter Olympics with the skating!
I assumed my advanced roller skating abilities would transfer over to ice skates. How very wrong I was! lol

Now...snow forts? I considered myself one of the best builders in childhood. I would build but had the others "defend the fort" in snowball fights. I had lousy aim and not much of a throwing arm...lol

living in Virginia as a child i went sledding and played in the snow a lot. saw a few hockey games and ice skated. loved the beach as winter came to an end and spring started. i like to fish year round and camp in winter, though down here its not ever a true "winter". it gets cold but not like most have it. (its 45 degrees today but will be 70 by Thursday.). i sometimes miss the 4 seasons and the good cold winters i had in Virginia, Missouri and a few other places ive lived. but i always return to this area to re-charge.

I have a few snow mobile stories cracked two ribs flipping one was a painful ride back but one that foremost in memory is in the late 70s in the up was a 440 ski doo back then they were huge and heavy any ways about a mile out broke a belt and of course i didn't have spare but had a toe strap so i looped it threw front of the skies and dragged it all the way back but on the way back i got strafed by a snow owl scared the you know what out if me but was something i wont ever forget .
Dawg, I took a dive on a snowmobile. I flipped it going over some moguls. Lost control and flew into a barbed wire fence. The good part of the story was I flew into a mattress that some hillbilly put up against the fence. I could have got decapitated.

1 year I was skiing in Colorado on a double black diamond. That is not a place for rookie skiers & my idiot cousin took me up there.

• Wow
Reactions: Benway and Paulm
..... so I would ski down the slope about 20 feet. Fall 50'. Walk up the damn mountain and pick up my skis. Ski 20'. Lose my skis again. Walk up the damn Mountain again. Repeat 10 times.
Skiing is not genetic and I no longer talk to that man.
The upside is he took me up to Snoopy's Bowl. The rock formation at the top of the mountain looks like Snoopy laying on his doghouse. The bowl is just like it sounds. You think you're skiing downhill and then all of a sudden you're going up the hill and have to do the little flip kick. Turn around.
Very glad I got to experience that but getting down the mountain was not my finest moment.