Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever won a contest? What was the prize?

Childhood wins also count!

About ten years ago, I won movie tickets to see "Jane Eyre," a poster, and the book, and a bookmark. To win the contest, you had to quote the most famous phrase from the book. I wasn't sure which one they wanted, so I quoted, "Reader, I married him." And I won!

I won every art fair and science fair I entered through the 8th grade. I won a ribbon at the State Fair for a painting I did as a kid, and won a t-shirt from a radio station in 1973.

That's about it, it's been a long dry spell, lol.

In high school, I won a bicycle basket you attach to the handle bars. It’s only memorable because that was when my psychic side was dawning. It was one of many raffle prizes; when they announced the prize, I said under my breath, “I just won”. Then a few seconds later they announced my name. It was like I had heard in my head one of the school officials thinking my name just before he announced it.

WandS, that gift of yours could sure save a guy a lot of wasted time dating.

WandS, that gift of yours could sure save a guy a lot of wasted time dating.
I’ve actually won a four number on lottery too from numbers in premonition from one day prior.

I’ve posted both stories in significant detail here on the PNF. For the item about the numbers in the book, I posted here a photo showing the book, the numbers, and the winning lottery ticket.

So far, I have not been able to break beyond four numbers thought. Not hitting the big time yet.

In 1992 I won a TV/movie trivia contest conducted by the local newspaper. First prize was a week in "Hollywood" and included tickets to various touristy sites like the Paramount Studio, the Queen Mary, Disneyland, etc. The downside was I was already spending at least two weeks out of every month in LA for work. I tried to convince the newspaper to allow me to swap prizes with the second or third place winners (we all got a perfect score, I got first prize by a random draw), but they'd have no part of it. So off we went, Mrs Duke's first and only visit to LA. Highlight of the trip was meeting Gene Rayburn in the TWA Ambassador's Club at LAX.

When I was about 12, I participated in an art contest in school. Science was the subject. I threw away my first design because I didn't feel it was good enough. My second involved a man moving through space via rocket propulsion from a completely different angle showcasing what he looked like. And the captain said this, 'The very best of Science, is yet to come.' And I won first prize over every other school student in the state and the shirt was displayed in a museum in San Antonio, I believe. My mom kept it and my dad still has it at his home to this day.

• Love it
Reactions: Benway and Debi