Winged Anomaly Encounters

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

winged%2Banomaly.png

Was reading a recent post about Pterodactyl sightings and a lot were in Texas so I decided I should finally tell my short experience. And considering I happened to turn 'Jurassic Park 3' on right as the Pterodactyl scene was ending.

I had some friends that lived in Glen Rose, TX who claimed they have seen 3 on a regular basis and they would show me. So, I stayed the night (we were kids. Can’t recall the year this happened maybe 2000?) and we hiked a good distance down a dried creek bed and eventually we stopped and one of my friends pointed up into a tree at a nest that was kind of large and then we climbed up out of the creek bed to try and spot them. Then way in the distance there were 3 very large birds flying in a circle and I could make out their crests very well. I was in complete shock. I’m almost certain other people had seen these things but probably chose not to talk about it as Glen Rose isn’t “secluded”. It, at the time, was country but still had a fair amount of houses scattered around.

My grandmother also saw one in Missouri or Illinois. I can’t recall where but I know she had seen on fly over a river and at first thought it was a small plane. It happened when my mom was a kid but she remembered my grandmother coming home erratic and telling my grandpa what she had seen. S
-----

I had an encounter with a bird-like creature but I know it wasn't a bird - it looked to be a flying person. I know it sounds weird and crazy but I know what I saw. Well here's the whole story. On Feb, 5th around 11:30pm my older sister and her husband were taking me, my little sister, my mom and my two nieces to eat at Denny's in a near town (Fort Myers, FL). Well as we were driving on I75 out of nowhere through the windshield I see a person with wings fly over our car. It went over two times back and forth. I got a good look - it looked like a person with wings but then again it also looked like a pterodactyl (pterosaur). My brother-in-law also saw it and agreed with me. He says it was not a bird! Well that was my encounter with the creature.

My nephew also witnessed a person-like creature. He was walking to his girlfriend's house late at night and by her neighbor's house there are some trees. He said he saw a person / figure standing in the trees looking at him. He asked his girlfriend if she also saw it - she said that its always there. He then started to walk closer to get a better view of it when the creature jumped off the tree onto his girlfriend's neighbors fence causing it to make rattling noise. The dogs started barking and then the creature flew off in front off his eyes. It then ran into his girlfiend's house scared it would come back but it didn't. My nephew's encounter happened in Lehigh Acres, FL a couple of days before my encounter happened! We have no clue as to what it is or why it would be following us?! It is very mind boggling! HH
-----

“I saw a creature just like this in Colorado. It was the color of a raven or a crow, was crouched down on my roof and was like a chameleon, it blended in with the night sky. It had clawed feet like a bird, was black, with black wings and a white human face with like bat ears. I did not see it at first, because it blended in with the night sky. I was on my back porch, looking up at the moon shining through the trees. Suddenly, it was like as if someone put their head in my line of view. So, not thinking, I said, 'Could you move your head, you are blocking my view?' It moved its head and that's when I could really see it clearly. It was really quite beautiful. I got no feeling of harm or like it would attack me. My son's girlfriend left shortly after to pick up my son from work, and it was standing in front of her car.” CS

Reactions: ozentity
You commented on the fact that there were plenty of people around Glen Rose. I am not surprised that there are not more sightings reported. Most people these days see very little. Bald eagles are pretty common in the part of East Texas where I live. they are magnificent birds. I am always amazed that when I see one and comment on it how many people that live here have never seen one. I've seen them more times than I can count inside the towns and out in the country.

I think that some people are watchers by nature and because of that we see a lot of things. Most people though will only see something if someone else points it out and makes them look. I think in part it has to do with being "open minded". So many people are all balled up in their heads and almost blind to anything that they are not looking for.

I think that a lot of paranormal sightings have to do with a willingness to see what is there even if you can't match it up to anything familiar. I have noticed that people that have seen a ghost or UFO have probably seen more than one and are open to other things. What I have that are clairvoyant visions could easily be seen by many others. They differ by choosing to ignore it as a random daydream and it is forgot almost immediately. I choose to see and in that is my difference I think.

I have never seen a flying man or Pterodactyl but I have seen a big bird that made an eagle look like a pigeon. There have been sightings here and into South and West Texas of what might be called a Thunderbird. In South Texas, they call it Bigbird and there are reports of it trying to grab a kid or two.

You commented on the fact that there were plenty of people around Glen Rose. I am not surprised that there are not more sightings reported. Most people these days see very little. Bald eagles are pretty common in the part of East Texas where I live. they are magnificent birds. I am always amazed that when I see one and comment on it how many people that live here have never seen one. I've seen them more times than I can count inside the towns and out in the country.

I think that some people are watchers by nature and because of that we see a lot of things. Most people though will only see something if someone else points it out and makes them look. I think in part it has to do with being "open minded". So many people are all balled up in their heads and almost blind to anything that they are not looking for.

I think that a lot of paranormal sightings have to do with a willingness to see what is there even if you can't match it up to anything familiar. I have noticed that people that have seen a ghost or UFO have probably seen more than one and are open to other things. What I have that are clairvoyant visions could easily be seen by many others. They differ by choosing to ignore it as a random daydream and it is forgot almost immediately. I choose to see and in that is my difference I think.

I have never seen a flying man or Pterodactyl but I have seen a big bird that made an eagle look like a pigeon. There have been sightings here and into South and West Texas of what might be called a Thunderbird. In South Texas, they call it Bigbird and there are reports of it trying to grab a kid or two.
Wow! You think you may have seen a prehistoric bird? These sightings fascinate me. I wonder if they’re flying in through a portal ? Can you describe your sighting?

I was running on the Trinity river in my boat on late fall day. This BIG black bird jumped off a treetop and sort of swooped over the river before it found a good draft and rose up and then disappeared over the trees. We have eagles here and I used to live near a huge roost and watch the black and turkey vultures. This bird moved more like a vulture and had a wingspan that looked to be about 9'. It was notably larger than any bird that I had seen before.

In the fall as the Northers roll in the vultures will climb up and ride the fronts south. It is amazing to see hundreds and hundreds of birds suddenly rise up off their roosts and catch a free ride. They come back on the storms in the spring. When it is cold they can get caught and end up having to spend the night down in a valley. I have gotten up in the morning and had a vulture sitting on the top of every fence post waiting for the sun to warm up the fields enough to create an updraft. When you see vultures circling they are not circling over something dead. they are riding an updraft up and then they will go looking. If they don't find anything they will find another draft to circle and go back up. On a cold morning, they can't get off the ground until things warm up.

That is why I think that the bird that I saw was of a more vulture nature than some sort of huge predatory bird. While eagles soar they also can just jump off the ground and take flight. This bird had a black head not white like the eagles nor red like the turkey vultures. The black vultures only have a wingspan of about 5' and the eagles max out at about 7 1/2'. I have spent a lot of time watching the big birds and this one was different, It was all black even the wingtips and bigger than any of our local species. Might it have been some member of the condor family that had somehow wandered a few thousand miles from their more normal places?

Last edited:
I was running on the Trinity river in my boat on late fall day. This BIG black bird jumped off a treetop and sort of swooped over the river before it found a good draft and rose up and then disappeared over the trees. We have eagles here and I used to live near a huge roost and watch the black and turkey vultures. This bird moved more like a vulture and had a wingspan that looked to be about 9'. It was notably larger than any bird that I had seen before.

In the fall as the Northers roll in the vultures will climb up and ride the fronts south. It is amazing to see hundreds and hundreds of birds suddenly rise up off their roosts and catch a free ride. They come back on the storms in the spring. When it is cold they can get caught and end up having to spend the night down in a valley. I have gotten up in the morning and had a vulture sitting on the top of every fence post waiting for the sun to warm up the fields enough to create an updraft. When you see vultures circling they are not circling over something dead. they are riding an updraft up and then they will go looking. If they don't find anything they will find another draft to circle and go back up. On a cold morning, they can't get off the ground until things warm up.

That is why I think that the bird that I saw was of a more vulture nature than some sort of huge predatory bird. While eagles soar they also can just jump off the ground and take flight. This bird had a black head not white like the eagles nor red like the turkey vultures. The black vultures only have a wingspan of about 5' and the eagles max out at about 7 1/2'. I have spent a lot of time watching the big birds and this one was different, It was all black even the wingtips and bigger than any of our local species. Might it have been some member of the condor family that had somehow wandered a few thousand miles from their more normal places?
An amazing sight !! But not big enough to be a prehistoric type ?

No, probably not prehistoric but also not generally considered possible here either. It is a lot like the Black Panther thing. People here see them. People even take pictures of them sometimes. Nonetheless, the "experts" say that there are no such animals here. there ARE no California Condors in East Texas. They are mountain birds and East Texas is rolling hills going to prairies. So if it isn't possible for a bird that big to be here then what did I see and what are other people occasionally seeing?

I sometimes wonder if animals sometimes pass through some sort of gates and then go back. Maybe people do too but then if they talk about it people think that they are crazy. This is like the big hairy hominids that people see all over the world, UFOs, and everything else that CAN'T be but is seen. Are people sometimes able to see what WAS or what WILL BE rather than just what IS? This would explain why there are so many sightings and yet so few good in focus, pictures and no bodies. Are we SEEING things that do, will or did exist that are just like pictures snatched out of time and then presented to us on a mostly visual level? Are these things just somehow temporarily displaced and then when their time is up POOF they are gone? That bird that I saw was HUGE. There is no way it could fly around here and not be seen on a regular basis...??? All questions and so few answers...

Reactions: Lynne
No, probably not prehistoric but also not generally considered possible here either. It is a lot like the Black Panther thing. People here see them. People even take pictures of them sometimes. Nonetheless, the "experts" say that there are no such animals here. there ARE no California Condors in East Texas. They are mountain birds and East Texas is rolling hills going to prairies. So if it isn't possible for a bird that big to be here then what did I see and what are other people occasionally seeing?

I sometimes wonder if animals sometimes pass through some sort of gates and then go back. Maybe people do too but then if they talk about it people think that they are crazy. This is like the big hairy hominids that people see all over the world, UFOs, and everything else that CAN'T be but is seen. Are people sometimes able to see what WAS or what WILL BE rather than just what IS? This would explain why there are so many sightings and yet so few good in focus, pictures and no bodies. Are we SEEING things that do, will or did exist that are just like pictures snatched out of time and then presented to us on a mostly visual level? Are these things just somehow temporarily displaced and then when their time is up POOF they are gone? That bird that I saw was HUGE. There is no way it could fly around here and not be seen on a regular basis...??? All questions and so few answers...
I am leaning into the portal theory too. I think the spin of the earth and the magnetic field create vortex’s. That may open doorways to other dimensions, times or other universes. Possible star gates.

Reactions: SierraRocks
I often see the universe in layers fashion. Imagine for a moment a book. This book opens from the side like all books but it also opens from the top like a tablet. It also opens both from right to left and left to right and top to bottom and bottom to top. Our soul or consciousness moves through this book normally one page at a time. The differences between the layers are not normally different enough for people to notice the little discrepancies. Occasionally though, the pages flutter as if caught by a wind and we are momentarily displaced. The mind deals with this and seeks out its rightful place BUT there is left an impression from our displaced moment.

We are on every page of that book. Only our consciousness moves and it moves in one direction normally. On each page, there is a version of you that is going about their lives and seeing their world as normal. When there is a hickup and one jumps pages that creates a cascading effect where every version of you may be displaced. The turning of the pages is in four dimensions of time and space so when you are displaced it can be into other places and other times...for just a moment for most people. What you bring back is memories. This is why I refer to my clairvoyant visions as me Remembering the future. To a much smaller extent, I have occasionally experienced what might be called past life regressions and "remembered" things from a past that isn't mine. this can happen sometimes when I touch something.

To some extent, I'm not sure that we are not one and all the same being just traveling in different ways on different pages. This is why people sometimes feel a special connection when they meet someone. They have walked a path that is nearly the same and so have a connection that is more apparent than most.

Might it be that when the creator brought forth our universe that it used the only material that was available to create it. Is it possible that every man, woman, animal and speck of sand is a tiny piece of the greater whole that is temporarily operating in a limited independent way? It is said that not even a sparrow can fall without the creator knowing it. It is because the sparrow is as much a part of the creator as is every other small piece of the creation. I think sometimes that the "book" is just a daydream by a bored greater being that has offered itself into our existence?

As is my normal fashion I have wandered all over the place. All of this is but the pondering of a wild imagination trying to find meaning in a world of endless questions. I hope that in some limited way that I have offered you an interesting moment to try and grok the unimaginable...

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I often see the universe in layers fashion. Imagine for a moment a book. This book opens from the side like all books but it also opens from the top like a tablet. It also opens both from right to left and left to right and top to bottom and bottom to top. Our soul or consciousness moves through this book normally one page at a time. The differences between the layers are not normally different enough for people to notice the little discrepancies. Occasionally though, the pages flutter as if caught by a wind and we are momentarily displaced. The mind deals with this and seeks out its rightful place BUT there is left an impression from our displaced moment.

We are on every page of that book. Only our consciousness moves and it moves in one direction normally. On each page, there is a version of you that is going about their lives and seeing their world as normal. When there is a hickup and one jumps pages that creates a cascading effect where every version of you may be displaced. The turning of the pages is in four dimensions of time and space so when you are displaced it can be into other places and other times...for just a moment for most people. What you bring back is memories. This is why I refer to my clairvoyant visions as me Remembering the future. To a much smaller extent, I have occasionally experienced what might be called past life regressions and "remembered" things from a past that isn't mine. this can happen sometimes when I touch something.

To some extent, I'm not sure that we are not one and all the same being just traveling in different ways on different pages. This is why people sometimes feel a special connection when they meet someone. They have walked a path that is nearly the same and so have a connection that is more apparent than most.

Might it be that when the creator brought forth our universe that it used the only material that was available to create it. Is it possible that every man, woman, animal and speck of sand is a tiny piece of the greater whole that is temporarily operating in a limited independent way? It is said that not even a sparrow can fall without the creator knowing it. It is because the sparro is as much a part of the creator as is every other spall piece of the creation. I think sometimes that the "book" is just a daydream by a bored greater being that has offered itself into our existence?

As is my normal fashion I have wandered all over the place. All of this is but the pondering of a wild imagination trying to find meaning in a world of endless questions. I hope that in some limited way that I have offered you an interesting moment to try and grok the unimaginable...
Dan, I think somewhere in the past you've sat outside looking at the sky at night with a group of people pondering the universe. This took me back to those times. Keep offering up those wandering thoughts. They are quite the inspiration for more thinking...and late night talks looking at the stars.

Reactions: Lynne
LOL, I got it from my Dad. We used to sit and talk while we star gazed. I've also sat in the woods with friends watching a fire and swapped ideas about imponderable things. I have been truly blessed to have had a lot of very special people that encouraged me to led my mind to wander outside of the box when I was young.

PS: Memory flashback. I remember when we would go out to watch the stars and how great it was when we could spot "Echo" one of the first American temporary satellites. There were actually two put up in the early 60s to test the possibility of using them to allow transatlantic telephone communication without having to run a cable. It was in low orbit so moved pretty fast. This made it pretty easy to spot.We wondered what the future would bring and what we were going to find when we moved out into the solar system. I desperately wanted to go there and had planned on going for a degree in Aerospace engineering. We went to the moon...and then shut down the space program. Life bit me in the butt and I went down a different path but I never lost my fascination with things in space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Debi