Will this replace God?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Collective consciousness to replace God - author Dan Brown

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Humanity no longer needs God but may with the help of artificial intelligence develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion, U.S. author Dan Brown said on Thursday.

Brown made the provocative remark at the Frankfurt Book Fair where he was promoting his new novel, "Origin", the fifth outing for Harvard "symbology" professor Robert Langdon, the protagonist of "The Da Vinci Code", a book that questioned the history of Christianity.

"Origin" was inspired by the question "Will God survive science?", said Brown, adding that this had never happened in the history of humanity.

"Are we naive today to believe that the gods of the present will survive and be here in a hundred years?" Brown, 53, told a packed news conference.

Full story at site

This approach to "do away with God, we don't need him" is appearing more and more recently. With a new book by a popular author bringing this to the fore, we're going to be hearing about it more.

Reactions: Paintman
but may with the help of artificial intelligence develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion
ALL HAIL IBM!!!!

you can't just do away with religion entirely. i believe that many religions are experiencing a mass "falling away", especially in Christianity and Islam, but there will always believers of something beyond our lord and savior IBM.

ALL HAIL IBM!!!!

you can't just do away with religion entirely. i believe that many religions are experiencing a mass "falling away", especially in Christianity and Islam, but there will always believers of something beyond our lord and savior IBM.
You nailed part of prophecy Charleh.

I really don't get how a computer creates mass consiousness. If one doesn't believe in God there's the problem of death that no computer can fix. Unless they figure out how to download you into a machine. That would not be an option I'd choose.

Well, me thinks Brown will more likely be the one not remembered in 100 years. It fits with his own comment shined back on himself.
Has anybody here had to have The Talk with others ? That Dan's books about Christianity are fiction ? Or maybe with Hogwarts ?:(

The Talk with others
Over and over again...lol Especially the part about sparklies and flames don't fly off the end of wands.

The problem I see with this new book is that it simply shines a brighter light on what is now evolving as a new thought with scienctists, etc. I've even heard it from some of the paranormal peeps out there and it's appearing in other books. I see it as being "pushed" as the new way of thinking. It's also the dream child of Agenda 21...the universal religion of the UN.

And somebody I don't recognize said last week that Facebook will replace church as giving people a sense of community.
Just a thought, re: global consciousness. Who decides what exactly that definition of it is ?
Oh.........:(

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
And somebody I don't recognize said last week that Facebook will replace church as giving people a sense of community.
Just a thought, re: global consciousness. Who decides what exactly that definition of it is ?
Oh.........:(
I saw that. I'm telling you, they are pushing this mind set.