Will they call him "Captain"

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
William Shatner, 88, plans to go to space and he doesn't care if he dies

Star Trek legend William Shatner plans to go into Space for real – at the age of 88.

TV chiefs want him to be one of the world’s first space tourists aboard one of the commercial rockets which could take off as early as this year.

Shatner shot to fame 54 years ago as Captain James T Kirk on the inter-galactic USS Enterprise with the mission “to boldly go”.

Now he has pitched the idea of a real-life space adventure to TV chiefs in the US and they are enthusiastic.

He said: “I’ve tried to sell a show and I believe I have. But an announcement I’ll make in the weeks to come about me going into space... it looks likely.”

0_William-Shatner-as-Captain-James-T-Kirk.jpg

At 88 I don't like his chances of surviving space travel :(.He really is bold.And old :expressionless:.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
At 88 I don't like his chances of surviving space travel :(.He really is bold.And old :expressionless:.
The Captain has been doing breathing machine cleaner commercials. If he actually uses the products he promotes, then he's just not the "Right Stuff" for space travel. I do admire his spirit, however.

I live in LA and worked for quite a few years as an “extra” in Hollywood movies & TV. Before that I worked as film production crew. We know a lot about what goes on in Hollywood and we also love to talk to one another about things. I never worked in anything with Shatner in it but a friend of mine once did. My friend was a huge fan of his and got a chance to talk to him on set once. He started by telling him how much he loved his work and admired him, etc. Shatner was totally rude to him and basically told him to f*** off. My friend was crushed. I have also heard similar stories about Shatner from others.

So, when Shatner says he doesn’t care if he dies in space, I have a feeling that nobody else will either.

Reactions: Paintman
I live in LA and worked for quite a few years as an “extra” in Hollywood movies & TV. Before that I worked as film production crew. We know a lot about what goes on in Hollywood and we also love to talk to one another about things. I never worked in anything with Shatner in it but a friend of mine once did. My friend was a huge fan of his and got a chance to talk to him on set once. He started by telling him how much he loved his work and admired him, etc. Shatner was totally rude to him and basically told him to f*** off. My friend was crushed. I have also heard similar stories about Shatner from others.

So, when Shatner says he doesn’t care if he dies in space, I have a feeling that nobody else will either.
I have heard about him being rude to fans and fellow actors in many articles. I am still a fan. He may want to do something fantastic while he still has time. I don’t blame him.

Reactions: Paintman