Why some people feel stuff...and others don't...?

I honestly do not believe anybody else has ever seen what I saw, and I am not even sure I am supposed to tell anybody about it. Maybe I never will

do you believe that people who see and feel these 'paranormal' things are somehow tasked with 'translating' these experiences into something, useful maybe, that helps others ? Or more bluntly: do you think that you are a messenger of, something, somebody, because you are receptive to these things ?
No, because of the first part. In my experience a common thread running through paranormal experiences is a block against telling anyone, so quite the opposite. I've managed to share some things here in depth, but it took years to do so and one story I've been trying to post here for years, but seemingly can't. I've only ever talked about it twice, the first time to a friend who was a police officer and knew of the police side of the story, and then years later due to being isolated thanks to the covid crisis and finally meeting friends (and getting very drunk) which seemed to override it. It seems as if it's somehow forced on us not to talk. It's often explained as fear of ridicule, but I have no fear of that. I think the inability to talk about it is usual and a part of things. It seems you felt it yourself, but were able to talk anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
No, because of the first part. In my experience a common thread running through paranormal experiences is a block against telling anyone, so quite the opposite. I've managed to share some things here in depth, but it took years to do so and one story I've been trying to post here for years, but seemingly can't. I've only ever talked about it twice, the first time to a friend who was a police officer and knew of the police side of the story, and then years later due to being isolated thanks to the covid crisis and finally meeting friends (and getting very drunk) which seemed to override it. It seems as if it's somehow forced on us not to talk. It's often explained as fear of ridicule, but I have no fear of that. I think the inability to talk about it is usual and a part of things. It seems you felt it yourself, but were able to talk anyway.
So well done for talking here!

Hello group,

this is my very first post, ever, on any forum related to supernatural stuff. And I am 55 years of age. I guess I am kind of reluctant to talk about it, since in this world, everything is supposed to have a rational explanation. I work in IT, a binary world so to speak, where there is no room for doubt or interpretation.

Either way, for the last six years, I took care of my very old in-law. I lived in his house, 7x 24. He died a few months ago, he was almost 96, and I guess he just expired. The night before he died, he was staring at the ceiling, his eyes wide open, as if he was seeing extraordinary things. I guess that happens a lot. No idea what he saw, or what dying people see.

I was sleeping in the living room next to his bedroom, and I woke up when he died. There was no noise, it was the silence that woke me. I walked into his room, and I guess the feeling is different for everybody, but not for one microsecond did I have the feeling that he was still in the room. Something else was. I honestly do not believe anybody else has ever seen what I saw, and I am not even sure I am supposed to tell anybody about it. Maybe I never will, but I do feel like it happened so I do something with that experience. I haven't figured out what yet...

So I guess my question is (and I suppose everybody on this forum is here because he or she is at least interested in this 'irrational' stuff): do you believe that people who see and feel these 'paranormal' things are somehow tasked with 'translating' these experiences into something, useful maybe, that helps others ? Or more bluntly: do you think that you are a messenger of, something, somebody, because you are receptive to these things ?

I am sorry if this all sounds kind of blurry, but I have been rather restless ever since, trying to figure out why this might have happened.
I am new to this forum too. I find your question intersting because I have encountered lots of people who have had an experience they can't describe sufficiently and they have decided they are special because of it, a messenger to convince others to believe something they can't even really explain. It seems like a mental illness to me to decide you are a messenger because of an unexplainable experience. We all have unexplainable experiences, some notice them more than others and I am one who could write a book length decription of all the weird unexplainable things I have experienced and how I interpreted them. We are all special and no one is more special than anyone else. (I also have spent 40+ years earning a living in IT/ programming, networks etc)

I have come to the conclusoin after meeting a plethora of new age "teachers", psychic mediums, channelers, wannabe gurus, etc that most of the messages we get from any non-physical or non-explainable source are personal, not global. I am not saying they did not exprerience something unexplainable in the physical world, I am saying that it was a personal experience and going out into the world to proclaim such and such is true because "I had an experience" is not useful unless, of course, you can sell it when you need the money, like a lot have done.

I hope you can find a way to describe what you experienced. I think that is what this forum is for.

Reactions: Benway and ozentity
I am new to this forum too. I find your question intersting because I have encountered lots of people who have had an experience they can't describe sufficiently and they have decided they are special because of it, a messenger to convince others to believe something they can't even really explain. It seems like a mental illness to me to decide you are a messenger because of an unexplainable experience. We all have unexplainable experiences, some notice them more than others and I am one who could write a book length decription of all the weird unexplainable things I have experienced and how I interpreted them. We are all special and no one is more special than anyone else. (I also have spent 40+ years earning a living in IT/ programming, networks etc)

I have come to the conclusoin after meeting a plethora of new age "teachers", psychic mediums, channelers, wannabe gurus, etc that most of the messages we get from any non-physical or non-explainable source are personal, not global. I am not saying they did not exprerience something unexplainable in the physical world, I am saying that it was a personal experience and going out into the world to proclaim such and such is true because "I had an experience" is not useful unless, of course, you can sell it when you need the money, like a lot have done.

I hope you can find a way to describe what you experienced. I think that is what this forum is for.
Hi, Jaha. Nice to meet you. (Was off yesterday so sorry for the late greeting.)

I have always found my "visions/dreams" were personal. I have had those that were precog of events to come, but I learned years ago that it was not asked of me to "save the world" with warnings. I think we tap into a universal thought/Mind/God's plan (whatever you want to use) and in the seeing I believe we can alert our little corner of the world to be prepared if we wish. I say this meaning family and friends who may understand that the timeline is changeable with free will involved. As someone who uses prayer, we may pray for protection/healing/changes as well.

I have always found my "visions/dreams" were personal. I have had those that were precog of events to come, but I learned years ago that it was not asked of me to "save the world" with warnings. I think we tap into a universal thought/Mind/God's plan (whatever you want to use) and in the seeing I believe we can alert our little corner of the world to be prepared if we wish. I say this meaning family and friends who may understand that the timeline is changeable with free will involved. As someone who uses prayer, we may pray for protection/healing/changes as well.
Yes, I have had precog dreams but never anything significant to need to warn anyone of anything. I have had premonitions and spoke up but was ignored a few times when I was a young adult. Even those were personal, like when buying a mobile home I knew we needed to give the seller some earnest money while we got the financing worked out, but was told by my dad and my husband "no, we shook hands." then the next day the seller called and said he is selling it to someone else who gave him earnest money. Anyway, I just kept my mouth shut after that and am only starting to mention things when I "know something I don't know" to be helpful to my family.

Reactions: Debi

well said / explained

I have come to the conclusoin after meeting a plethora of new age "teachers", psychic mediums, channelers, wannabe gurus, etc

they only know what they have been taught. and so there can be no other way, the problem with the new age movement is that all the teachings of the "old" ways has been cast aside. everyone now wants to only "speacialize" in one discipline or ability without opening up to the greater spectrum or fully immersing into what could be, so to speak......you cant fully learn one thing without being introduced to the other parts that make the one thing understandable. but too many times now that is just what is taught, the stuff people want to hear or will keep their interest for more than 2 minutes.
There is an old zen story of a monk who goes to see another (in disguise) to ridicule and shame him. after listening to the teacher speak he interrupts and says" how can you teach this nonsense, your students are wasting their time with you...blah blah blah..... so, as he is on his rant the teacher fills his cup with tea and continues to pour until it is running over and onto the monk's lap. " you fool" he yells, "cant you see this cup is full and cant hold anymore?".... the teacher looks at him and says, "like this cup, your mind is full, to learn more you must first empty your cup"....... sorry for the long story, but in todays teachings, most are not willing to empty their cup of what they have been previously taught. not their fault, just a problem with the new age movement..... of course that is just my opinion....lol

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
well said / explained

they only know what they have been taught. and so there can be no other way, the problem with the new age movement is that all the teachings of the "old" ways has been cast aside. everyone now wants to only "speacialize" in one discipline or ability without opening up to the greater spectrum or fully immersing into what could be, so to speak......you cant fully learn one thing without being introduced to the other parts that make the one thing understandable. but too many times now that is just what is taught, the stuff people want to hear or will keep their interest for more than 2 minutes.
There is an old zen story of a monk who goes to see another (in disguise) to ridicule and shame him. after listening to the teacher speak he interrupts and says" how can you teach this nonsense, your students are wasting their time with you...blah blah blah..... so, as he is on his rant the teacher fills his cup with tea and continues to pour until it is running over and onto the monk's lap. " you fool" he yells, "cant you see this cup is full and cant hold anymore?".... the teacher looks at him and says, "like this cup, your mind is full, to learn more you must first empty your cup"....... sorry for the long story, but in todays teachings, most are not willing to empty their cup of what they have been previously taught. not their fault, just a problem with the new age movement..... of course that is just my opinion....lol
I agree with your cup story. My experience is that a lot of new age people have been betrayed somehow by what ever religion they were raised with and try to reconcile that with their experiences, but they never really leave that religion behind.

Reactions: Paulm
I have had a few people close to me pass. Only once did i ever receive a 'good bye' atleast that is what i chalked it up to be. Even though it came in the form of a dream, i have never before or after had another dream involving her. Being very close friends, i found comfort in seeing her one last time.

Reactions: 7Critter