Why is this show called dark matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, as a long time fan of art bell I was happy to find out that he has returned to the airwaves, however I was concerned and dismayed to find out that it was called Dark Matter. I would like to find out why. Alien moon bases and dwarf foetuses aside this seems to be the glaring mystery prevalent each time this show is aired. It could not have gone beyond the attention of Art Bell that the esteemed ex co-founder of UFO magazine, investgative journalist and long time paranormal radio presenter Don Ecker has been airing his show Dark Matters for some time now and so the one "matter" is why would you name your show after an existing one?

This is either a tremendous naive faux pas with the Art Bell team or a provocative act, perhaps there is some bad blood? Again either way it doesn't look good for Art Bell and it seems its only the graciousness of Don Ecker that a lawyers suit hasn't been filed, or maybe it has (another easy pay day to the no win no fee brigade).

I don't even think one can plead ignorance to this I think Art has even been on Don's show ! So why has this happened? It's a pretty ridiculous and crap mistake to make and I am hoping Art at least has some pals around to tell him and advise him. If not , I would start laying off some people.

Unfortunately alarm bells are ringing with me on this and pairing this with the usualdodgy circuit fringe guests , if you can't even get the name right of your own show then the this does not bode well for the future. Change your name while you still can and keep some listeners.

Is Don Ecker still doing his podcasts? The link on his facebook page for the podcast returns a 404 page not found error. His archives for 2013 only list 2 months (Jan & Feb?). Maybe a deal was struck with Art Bell for the name...

In any case, I don't think Art Bell has to worry about keeping some listeners.

I agree with DarkMatter. This is a forum to discuss a radio program. If you have an issue with Mr. Bell, you should be writing to Mr. Bell. This is not Mr. Bell's website. He can be found at "artbell.com" with contact information on that site.

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess the answer to my question is no then. So this forum is in no way affiliated to or has anything to do with Art Bells show. It seems I may come across provocative to you but it is a reasonable question . Why call yourself dark matter? I'm sure you'd like to know to considering you use it as an avatar name representationaly (yet weirdly do not speak to or on belated of art bell). This isn't making a lot of sense guys.

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess the answer to my question is no then. So this forum is in no way affiliated to or has anything to do with Art Bells show. It seems I may come across provocative to you but it is a reasonable question . Why call yourself dark matter? I'm sure you'd like to know to considering you use it as an avatar name representationaly (yet weirdly do not speak to or on belated of art bell). This isn't making a lot of sense guys.
This is a fan page for a radio program called Dark Matter. We are fans of the show and Art Bell. Your complaint is with Art Bell using the name "Dark Matter", therefore you are not in the correct place to air your complaint. You need to contact Art Bell and ask him why he named his show Dark Matter if that is what concerns you. This site is a fan page, once again. If you want to complain, go to "artbell.com". If that doesn't work, then you are free in this country to start your own website called, "Why is Dark Matter called Dark Matter" and have your own fan base.

Reactions: Ab_Original
Thanks man. I am sorry if this sounds really confrontational . I really don't mean to be. I mean c'mon don't you think it's a bit weird that there's already a show called dark matters. Anyway I'm sorry to bang on about this and thanks for clarifying that you do not represent or in any way are affiliated with the art bell show dark matter. Maybe you guys know who is? How many people in his team? How many researchers he has or even production assistants?

Thanks man. I am sorry if this sounds really confrontational . I really don't mean to be. I mean c'mon don't you think it's a bit weird that there's already a show called dark matters. Anyway I'm sorry to bang on about this and thanks for clarifying that you do not represent or in any way are affiliated with the art bell show dark matter. Maybe you guys know who is? How many people in his team? How many researchers he has or even production assistants?
Here you go Professional Listener, knock yourself out. Here is how to contact Art and his team:

Contact Us
Art Bell – artbell@artbell.com
For direct messages to Art. This is the only email address he reads. This should NOT be used for website submissions.

Art’s personal Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Keith Rowland – webmaster@artbell.com
For submitting content to the website for posting, articles, photos, links to interesting stories. I prefer images sized as close as you can to 1280 x 720 so they show well on the site.

ArtBell.com’s Twitter Facebook Pinterest Google+ accounts.
Paul Bowman – paulbowman@artbell.com
For submitting guest suggestions and contact info for them, phone number or website.

Paul’s Twitter account.

Here you go Professional Listener, knock yourself out. Here is how to contact Art and his team:

Contact Us
Art Bell – artbell@artbell.com
For direct messages to Art. This is the only email address he reads. This should NOT be used for website submissions.

Art’s personal Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Keith Rowland – webmaster@artbell.com
For submitting content to the website for posting, articles, photos, links to interesting stories. I prefer images sized as close as you can to 1280 x 720 so they show well on the site.

ArtBell.com’s Twitter Facebook Pinterest Google+ accounts.
Paul Bowman – paulbowman@artbell.com
For submitting guest suggestions and contact info for them, phone number or website.

Paul’s Twitter account.
Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Good luck with the forum and I hope you instigate and experience some incite full commentary and listener reaction that keeps you asking questions and not take things for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.