Why is the USA more haunted than other countries?

bluelights

Reaction score
This is something I've always wondered.

I'm British and have travelled a fair bit. Everytime I've been to the states I feel this really intense spooky vibe. It's hard to explain but when I was little I would often find the same thing with watching American rather than British films. When I visited the LA when I was a child I literally could not sleep I would be so frightened and I never had that anywhere else. It's hard for me to explain, it feels like all the colours are brighter, and things are just closer to 'another realm' than anywhere else. Does anyone else feel this way and have any thoughts as to why this might be? I've also noticed that Americans often have paranormal experiences whereas its quite rare for Brits. And UFO sightings/abductions seem much more common.

I'm British and have travelled a fair bit. Everytime I've been to the states I feel this really intense spooky vibe. It's hard to explain but when I was little I would often find the same thing with watching American rather than British films. When I visited the LA when I was a child I literally could not sleep I would be so frightened and I never had that anywhere else. It's hard for me to explain, it feels like all the colours are brighter, and things are just closer to 'another realm' than anywhere else. Does anyone else feel this way and have any thoughts as to why this might be? I've also noticed that Americans often have paranormal experiences whereas its quite rare for Brits. And UFO sightings/abductions seem much more common.
Hello, and welcome to the forum, bluelights. Interesting observation. Being American, I'm not sure I have anything else to compare my own experience to. Actually, I've always thought you guys across the pond have much better hauntings! lol

Perhaps it's a cultural thing? You Brits appear to be a bit more reserved in your speaking of the paranormal. Is it perhaps we are more open here to the topic and simply speak more about our experiences?

Reactions: Paulm and Charleh

I didn't experience this when I visited (mostly Alburquerque). Maybe it's regional?

I find just the opposite. On my many journeys, I have seen more paranormal activity AND beliefs in other countries than in the U.S.A. Asia, Russia, Mid East and Africa come to mind.

Maybe it is just the perspective of each individual?

maybe because we here in the U.S are bombarded with so many paranormal shows on tv, movies, books, and such that its just more "in your face" so to speak, so ppl are more willing to talk about it, so it just seems we have more activity.....

It's hard for me to explain, it feels like all the colours are brighter, and things are just closer to 'another realm' than anywhere else.
One thing I can say is even as I've travelled here in the U.S., I have noted how extremely different the energy is in each area. There is a distinct energy difference between say Arizona and here in the Indianapolis area. Vibrational energy can differ greatly place to place.

this is a raped land I notice the further south I go the more the intensity gets. Once in Kentucky, I felt like I was being attacked by Shawnee Indians in a dream I had. I never heard of Shawnee before so I was wondering if they ever existed.

This is the first I’ve heard of this. I would think the older civilized countries would have more activity. Who knows, perhaps our energies are tuned in to our area of birth. When we travel we feel the diff in vibes.

Thanks guys, this is all really interesting

I think Lynne has a good point - we're used to/tuned to the energies we know.

And I also agree with Armand.. I feel like the history of slavery and native American abuse is still very alive in terms of the energy. Perhaps I don't feel that with the UK's past because I am more used to it. That makes sense.

In terms of movies, we're now learning what many have suspected about the level of abuse in Hollywood, I think I always sensed a darkness in Hollywood films even if it was a happy film.

Reactions: Lynne