Why is it so hard to believe in BF?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Reactions: garnetsilver
I think the problem with believing in bigfoot, dogmen, etc..... is the lack of actual evidence, no tools, fire, bodies, actual hair, scat etc.... and then there is the whole biological side. to maintain a population would take a large group of individuals, (non-related,). add evolution into the mix and it gets harder, apes and other vegetarians have a large "gut" due to digesting plant matter, veg, fruits, and so on. so a pot belly type physique, meat eaters such as ourselves adapted to expel protien faster, so slimmer and such...which also led to our overnight jump with intelligence. descriptions of bigfoot suggest mostly a meat eater, but the availability of game then comes into question, is there enough food for a species of this size to survive. in the late 19th century and early 20th century, americas deer population was hunted to almost extinction. even today wild game is kept at a monitored level. for instance georgia (where i live) currently has a deer population of around 1 million, (thats a lot compared to some states such as colorado, whos population of deer are only around 25000) last year 300,000 were harvested by hunters in georgia. that is almost half of the total deer in the state. then every year around 1 million are killed in car collisions, its a fragile system that has to be managed to stave off extinction. i like to believe that bigfoot could exist, but the facts do point inthe other direction. add in all the hoaxes, and scams and it makes it even harder for people to believe. the first bigfoot eveidence came from the bluff creek area, that is where the term "bigfoot' was coined. then the patterson film from the same area. but the first story was later admitted to being fake, fake tracks and all. add that to the patterson scandal of the company who claims to have made the suit and it adds doubt, same with all the other claims..... then add all the wooowoo stuff into the mix and people roll their eyes and walk away....lol.... i do still want to belive though....lol

I used to love reading every single thing i could get my hands on with Bigfoot when i was a kid. Of course, that applied to UFO's, Nessie, Jersey Devil (go figure) and ghosts. Out of all the stuff i have experienced with ghosts/spirits, i have not seen anything else. I may have seen a UFO once, but it is something i haven't chalked up to an actual one yet. Some memories of early childhood are fading, but i think it was in our downstairs powder room where the wood grain on the door had what looked like a 'Bigfoot' shape. It always gave me eerie feelings for some reason lol. I am pretty sure the one time i slept walked down two flights of stairs and into that room, i woke up standing in front of it. Proof of Bigfoot? Not yet for me lol. But, like Paul said, i want believe.

I used to love reading every single thing i could get my hands on with Bigfoot when i was a kid. Of course, that applied to UFO's, Nessie, Jersey Devil (go figure) and ghosts. Out of all the stuff i have experienced with ghosts/spirits, i have not seen anything else. I may have seen a UFO once, but it is something i haven't chalked up to an actual one yet. Some memories of early childhood are fading, but i think it was in our downstairs powder room where the wood grain on the door had what looked like a 'Bigfoot' shape. It always gave me eerie feelings for some reason lol. I am pretty sure the one time i slept walked down two flights of stairs and into that room, i woke up standing in front of it. Proof of Bigfoot? Not yet for me lol. But, like Paul said, i want believe.
same here, i grew up in the woods from georgia to virginia. was fascinated with the idea of bigfoot and other cryptids from a child up, lived way back in the woods on the lake of the ozarks, spent a few months bumming in the mojave, spent even more time in the southern swamps and waterways. been invited to a couple BF conferences, (and then un-invited to one when i brought up some of the topics mentioned above...lol). been all across arkansas, (beautiful lakes), and a few other areas.. i love the idea of bigfoot and cryptids and will continue to make trips to cool areas and swamps. great way to spend time and makes for some interesting trips. small towns and good people, ..and fun. im an outdoor type person, kayaking, hiking, camping, fishing, etc.... but i have yet to have an actual sighting or experience that wasnt a bear or coyotes or something natural for the environment.... still fun to search and visit new places.

I think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that there is a creature out there. There are too many sightings and not everyone is a liar or mistaken. There are enough prints to fill a museum, found in places where most people don't go. There only needs to be one true sighting and one real print to be real. For me I believe something is out there.

Despite having seen something unusual out bush I still find BF hard to believe. I think it's all the BS stories, fake pics from attention seeking types, the fanfare and silly TV series that turn me off. I still haven't written him off though because who knows what lives in the wild places that not many venture into.

A bigfoot saw me once.

He tried to tell his friends about it but they didn't believe him.

[drum roll, cymbal crash]

"People believe what they want to believe" is a frequent explanation and I think there is much truth in it.

Many people don’t like the idea of a big hairy beast roaming about in the woods. They probably wouldn’t believe in bears if there weren’t overwhelming evidence and agreement from authorities for them.

Another factor is that what a person believes and what they admit to believing are not necessarily the same.

Lots of people say they don’t believe in ghosts but would still be terrified at the idea of spending a night in a house reputed to be haunted.

Many people don’t like the idea of a big hairy beast roaming about in the woods.
i dunno, i kinda have to dis-agree, i think people love the idea of monsters. people need to have something to fear, they need something to explore. thats the only reason the legend has stood the test of time and hasnt yet died out. though in one way it has i suppose. if you take the legend of the werewolf. there is a theory that the werewolf legend is what morphed into the bigfoot stories. once people stopped believing in one, the other was born to fill his shoes. (thanks in a lot of ways to hollywood and the media of the 70's) now that bigfoot has become a big teddy bear who likes to trade marbles, balloons and eat jelly sandwiches with those who claim such things, he has lost the fear of the people and has now been replaced with dogman. yep werewolf 2.0..... people will always have a fear of the unknown, and will always produce "boogymen" to back up those fears, whether it be the forests, the sea, outer-space or the dark cellar of the home, we like to be afraid.....

They probably wouldn’t believe in bears if there weren’t overwhelming evidence and agreement from authorities for them.
well, and the fact that there is actual photos, bodies, poop, maulings, bears in zoos, bears riding bicycles, pet bears, bear actors, heres a bear, theres a bear....etc... lol..... but this is a good example in that theres fossils of bears from the cave bear up to the present, bears in museums and zoos since the middle ages. we know people had actual bear traps and hides, meat, etc.... from ancient times to present.... but nothing of the big guy, no fossils. (actually no great ape fossils in north america have ever been found of any type. no tools, no trappings, nothing)..... as much as i would like to believe in bigfoot, so far and up to now i have to go with what is known. cant just jump on the bandwagon and fully believe just cause someone says they saw "something", yeah i would love for that "something" to pan out and be the proof needed, but until then its just fantasy and an injustice to believe just because i want it to be so......