Why does the government fluoridate water?

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score

I know, this video is likely wrong about fluoride concentration restrictions in some areas, as some municipalities feel they need more than others.

But what’s your take on fluoridated water? Should we be worried?

I think just brush your teeth and leave water natural.

Reactions: Charleh
Yes, everyone should be worried. Fluoride is very toxic. And I quote from fluoridealert.org:

"Fluoride is a highly toxic substance. ... In terms of acute toxicity (i.e., the dose that can cause immediate toxic consequences), fluoride is more toxic than lead, but slightly less toxic than arsenic. This is why fluoride has long been used in rodenticides and pesticides to kill pests like rats and insects."

Reactions: Debi
Yes, everyone should be worried. Fluoride is very toxic. And I quote from fluoridealert.org:

"Fluoride is a highly toxic substance. ... In terms of acute toxicity (i.e., the dose that can cause immediate toxic consequences), fluoride is more toxic than lead, but slightly less toxic than arsenic. This is why fluoride has long been used in rodenticides and pesticides to kill pests like rats and insects."
I’d argue it’s more toxic and far more reactive than arsenic. You can get brain damage from PPM levels of fluoride. But it’s not too big a deal to handle arsenic treated wood

I’d argue it’s more toxic and far more reactive than arsenic. You can get brain damage from PPM levels of fluoride. But it’s not too big a deal to handle arsenic treated wood
Actually did some reading on arsenic treated wood and the only time it poses a risk is if it’s burned in a confined space or you inhale a bunch of the smoke.
Chromated copper arsenate - Wikipedia

Reactions: Lynne
This sounds like a great way to slowly decrease the population.

This sounds like a great way to slowly decrease the population.
Yeah. Nobody needs to get castrated when the water does the work for you.

Yeah. Nobody needs to get castrated when the water does the work for you.
I was thinking in terms of killing us off but you have another good point

People know when they’re getting picked off. Not necessarily when they get sterilized.

People know when they’re getting picked off. Not necessarily when they get sterilized.

they have been fluoridating water since the 40's...... not saying its a good thing, but...ppl are living longer now and the population has grown drastically, esp. in the large city and urban areas where the water fluoride is at its highest level...so I really don't think its a population control method,