Why do spirits cause us such misery?

BBB, this can be the following. Our brains try to make sense out of images.
Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

BBB, this can be the following. Our brains try to make sense out of images.
Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.
yes i read about that. i know but even so it is impressive isnt it?
you could see how it could disturb someone who is in a bad mental state to begin with.

my mother and brother sit there most days why?
Just trying to get more info on it.Probably pareidolia as said but good to get the whole picture on it.
could see how it could disturb someone who is in a bad mental state to begin with
Or being sensitive and open to the paranormal gets you checking things very closely.

Reactions: Debi
i do often get the feeling that something wants to communicate with me. a few times friends have come back from mediums and told me something they didnt understand but i did. like they were passing a message to me.
so much so i am tempted to join a spiritualist church despite its dangers

Reactions: ElliO
one thing i kinda now believe is different dimensions but the same place.
we are all around one another but we cannot percieve them instead of them being far away they are around us we just cant see them.
kinda embarrasing sexually for us but its a way of seeing it

Welcome to the forum BBB. I don’t have any answers as to what motivates ghosts. I have never seen one but I believe that they exist. I think each ghost is probably as different in its motivations as human personalities. As in life so in death.

As for the couch faces I think this is Paredolia however I see what you are pointing out. That is creepy. I always find faces in bathroom tile.

Hang out and look around, perhaps you will find some answers.

Ghosts rarely frighten me. I have had some encounters with some scary ones, including two encounters with things that I believe were potentially demonic, or at least non-human in nature. But for the most part, the ghosts I've encountered have been either lost souls or people who need to get a message across.

I also think, when you're faced with something like a haunting, the best thing you can do is control your fear and take a hard rational approach to sorting the problem. Negative entities feed on negative energy, so don't give them any if you can help it. :)

Reactions: Fizz and Lynne