Who...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
132012443_1086401685106495_4670500170825404769_o.jpg

I have several grandkids who bring me joy on many levels, each in their own unique way! My kids are a real close runner up...lol

And of course, all of you here bring me joy everyday by just showing up and sharing with me. :)

Today, it is me. In the distant past, it was my parents. In the interim, I experienced some lesser leaves of joy through idolatry.

I can only identify a couple of persons in my life who cared for me enough to actually talk to me - or really even just listen to me talk - about any topic which was sincerely important to me. I believe that it is difficult to perceive any joy from another person at the same time that they are actively not being present with the you who you are trying to share with them.

While I love my family, at present it is my two cats. They have helped so much to heal the very deep wound left by my cat that passed on recently. Every day I am so glad to see them romping or lounging, knowing that they trust me and are happy to be here. Animals bring a very special level of joy to our lives that is very different from our loved humans!

I agree with you garnet. If I were asked the question about who makes me smile the most 9 years ago I would have said my cat Max.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Today, it is me. In the distant past, it was my parents. In the interim, I experienced some lesser leaves of joy through idolatry.

I can only identify a couple of persons in my life who cared for me enough to actually talk to me - or really even just listen to me talk - about any topic which was sincerely important to me. I believe that it is difficult to perceive any joy from another person at the same time that they are actively not being present with the you who you are trying to share with them.
Wands, I want to thank you for always being transparent and honest here. I ask a lot of questions, and you have never hesitated to share the real you with us. Know that is noted and appreciated here.

I am blessed that my kids moved in right next to me and I see my granddaughter every day. I got the rare opportunity for a man to be the one that got to keep her during the day for the first year of her life. Her Mama needed to go back to work and since I owned my own company I was able to adjust my hours and kept her from 6 to 5 Monday through Friday. My little Danni has been a true joy and at ten now she is still my baby.

Wands, I want to thank you for always being transparent and honest here. I ask a lot of questions, and you have never hesitated to share the real you with us. Know that is noted and appreciated here.
You got it Debi. Thank you for the understanding. Always posting only the truth and always trying to help others to understand...sometimes...the unintelligible.

I just got off the phone with my best friend from college that lives in Dayton Ohio. 80's era. It's amazing that we always kept in touch and visited through all these years. Needless to say we have a lot in common but there's also a lot of mutual respect. So much so that we were on a double date in 1990 and one of our girlfriends commented that she had never seen two guys talk to each other with that much affection.

There's also a psychology term called parallel process. What's going on in his life will often line up with what's going on in my life and vice a versa. Good stuff & bad stuff and plain old life stuff. Plans, outlooks...

And I think that's pretty neat.