Who was the little old lady??

Thanks for joining here and for your experience.
Maybe church is not your true path.

I have heard of similar cases where ghosts appear to help others in time of danger or need. The more you hear of these cases the more it makes sense. From the ones I read about they mostly seem to have died there themselves or was somewhere they were connected with in life.
It is quite possible the old lady got run over on the same crossing many years previous, and wanted to prevent it happening again.

Regarding what she was wearing I think they all tend to look 30 years out of date in their later years. It's just the nature of getting old, and some styles tend to stick around.

Yes, re the church, I came to the same conclusion! :D

The point you make about someone having had an accident on that stretch of road is very interesting and something else I actually had never considered. I will have a look online and see if I can find any info of historic accidents on that road - who knows, I might come across someone fitting her description...

Thanks very much for that suggestion - I will keep you posted!

If you go looking for her death it may be quicker to consult the older generation in that area as things like that usually stick in living memory for a while. Sometimes there are reminiscence groups at libraries. Failing that it is a trawl through microfilm at the central library, but may not even be recorded.

Maybe you can tell I've done this a few times. Not so bad if it is under 100 years ago. Gets more difficult the further back the incident.

Hey RoseRed,
I know you may not be very religious and you may not think an Angel (thus God) would be interested in you.....but PLEASE remember whether we realize it or not God is interested in and loves every single one of us, sinner or not. He wants nothing more than to have an absolute personal relationship with everyone! Sometimes it's little events like this that becomes a wake up call. What most people don't realize is that having a relationship with our God is so very simple and it is LIFE CHANGING!!!
Well said Specter. I would add also that the fact the appearance happened as an aide to the experiencer lends to an angel too. A ghost would probably not be concerned with others needs.

That's a really lovely message - thank you!

I did try to become a Christian once and it lasted for about 5 years. However, I could not find a church that was suitable for me. That sounds crazy, but I must have gone to at least 6 different ones. Each and every time, there was some reason why I couldn't attend services there.

One church randomly decided to close for 8 weeks over the summer as an "experiement" (what church does that??); another had only one other parishioner and was up a stupidly steep hill that you couldn't get to by car; I spoke with the vicar of another church but he just talked about himself for an hour and didn't even ask my name; another was full of elderly people with no one of my age (and only 6 of them anyway!) and there was another literally opposite where I work but the services took place at times when I couldn't get there because I was still at work! It sounds ridiculous, but I really did try to find a church to go to, but in the end I gave up and assumed that God didn't want me. You couldn't have made it up...

Anyway - thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my posts! Have a great evening!
Whatever you believe is accepted here. I might add tho that going to church does not make you a Christian. The heart is where god looks. Weather this was a ghost, angel or time traveler I think it opens your mind to the possibility that there is more to this life than what meets the eye.

If you go looking for her death it may be quicker to consult the older generation in that area as things like that usually stick in living memory for a while. Sometimes there are reminiscence groups at libraries. Failing that it is a trawl through microfilm at the central library, but may not even be recorded.

Maybe you can tell I've done this a few times. Not so bad if it is under 100 years ago. Gets more difficult the further back the incident.

Thanks Rowan, that's a good idea. Unfortunately I live a great many hours drive away from said location, so going there and researching at local libraries and asking local people might have to wait a bit... It's a good tip, though, so thanks for sharing your advice on this!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Whatever you believe is accepted here. I might add tho that going to church does not make you a Christian. The heart is where god looks. Weather this was a ghost, angel or time traveler I think it opens your mind to the possibility that there is more to this life than what meets the eye.

Thanks Lynne! There are definitely other experiences I've had (which I'll share with everyone at some point), so I'm certainly open to the possibility that there's more out there...! That's why I'm here, still searching for answers, or at least to share and discuss these things with others. This seems like a very nice place to come and do that!:D