Which were you?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Preferred method of transportation as a kid?

94115250_3069816476389640_1434359321260457984_n.png

I wasn't allowed a bike when I was a kid due to my stepdads sister being killed on one.I don't know how many times I nearly got killed on a skateboard :eek:

I was mostly a Biker. We didn't have sidewalks or concrete streets where I grew up so skates were of limited use. Bicycles were transportation and we were always going places. Until I turned 16 and got a car that bicycle was my most valuable possession. It was how I got to and from school and everywhere else. Back then Mothers didn't run a taxi service like they do now. If you wanted to go someplace you probably rode your bike.

I did like to do longboarding when I would visit my cousin in Dallas. Back then we made our own out of those clamp on rollerskates that we took apart and screwed onto a board. We would do the hills on them and pass cars. The trick was to pick a good bailout spot since there were no brakes and you didn't want to cross a 4 lane boulevard doing 30 or 40 miles an hour.

I still have my skate key. Talk about a flash from the past. Even if you had a pair of those old skates nobody has the shoes that they would work on now.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I’m with Dan. There were no sidewalks in my area so bikes were the main mode of transport as a kid.