Which one?

PEACH JAM, Number two would be pear preserves, and a close number three is green japalino jelly. We made our own when I was a kid and where I live er didn't grow grapes or strawberries. Good memories and great tasting stuff.
I wonder who thought of taking a pepper and said “this would make great jelly” . It doesn’t sound good, I will take your word for it Dan.

It is really good, especially if you like hot spicy things. Basically all it is is lots of sugar, pureed japalinos some green food color to make it greener, and maybe a little fruit juice. You puree it, cook it down, filter out the solids, add the sure jell and put it up hot in sterilized jars. As it cools it will suck the lids down tight. We usually let it "age" for a few months before using it. It made the best peanut butter and jelly EVER. You could adjust the heat by taking out the seeds and stuff before you pureed and cooked it for a mild but very sweet pepper flavored jelly.

We also split and removed the seed and made something like bread and butter peppers that when chilled, were wonderful with sandwiches and not hot as all. One year we took the seed pods from the peppers that we canned as sweet peppers and made a chow-chow with them and fresh tomatoes. The steam off that stuff when you cooked it down would peal the hide right off your face and we had to move the cooking outdoors! We canned it in small jars. If you got it thinking it was regular stuff the result was...memorable. We nearly always put some on the table when we had company.

We canneda lot of what we ate. I remember that we had a soup recipe for 54 quarts of condensed vegetable soup. We cooked it in huge cast-iron wash pots on a wood fire for a long time and then pressure canned it in quart jars. When you ate it you pour the jar in a pot, added a quart of water and maybe some browned diced meat and let it cook for about an hour. It was soooooo good.

I guess it is getting old but I seem to be remembering the good things from my childhood so clearly now. Some of it was a living hell but in the end, you remember the eye of the hurricane more vividly than the storm. The winds and rain are common but the very special quiet and peace in the eye of a strong hurricane is notable and memorable.

Sorry for rambling all over your topic.

It is really good, especially if you like hot spicy things. Basically all it is is lots of sugar, pureed japalinos some green food color to make it greener, and maybe a little fruit juice. You puree it, cook it down, filter out the solids, add the sure jell and put it up hot in sterilized jars. As it cools it will suck the lids down tight. We usually let it "age" for a few months before using it. It made the best peanut butter and jelly EVER. You could adjust the heat by taking out the seeds and stuff before you pureed and cooked it for a mild but very sweet pepper flavored jelly.

We also split and removed the seed and made something like bread and butter peppers that when chilled, were wonderful with sandwiches and not hot as all. One year we took the seed pods from the peppers that we canned as sweet peppers and made a chow-chow with them and fresh tomatoes. The steam off that stuff when you cooked it down would peal the hide right off your face and we had to move the cooking outdoors! We canned it in small jars. If you got it thinking it was regular stuff the result was...memorable. We nearly always put some on the table when we had company.

We canneda lot of what we ate. I remember that we had a soup recipe for 54 quarts of condensed vegetable soup. We cooked it in huge cast-iron wash pots on a wood fire for a long time and then pressure canned it in quart jars. When you ate it you pour the jar in a pot, added a quart of water and maybe some browned diced meat and let it cook for about an hour. It was soooooo good.

I guess it is getting old but I seem to be remembering the good things from my childhood so clearly now. Some of it was a living hell but in the end, you remember the eye of the hurricane more vividly than the storm. The winds and rain are common but the very special quiet and peace in the eye of a strong hurricane is notable and memorable.

Sorry for rambling all over your topic.
No need to apologize, I enjoyed hearing about the jelly! This was new to me.