Which kind are you?

Short-term = concrete plan and ignore everyone elses’ hysterical demands for change.

Long-term = shorts, flip flops, and umbrella drink...what plan?
I think I’m the reverse. In the short term I live by the seat of my pants and will take small risks. Long term I plan.

Buy fuel three weeks ago in case I need it, lose it somehow then (now) drive on and on trusting that it'll show up somewhere ahead or I'll break down somewhere good.
Now did you loose gas , lol just asking

That’s a novel life choice Benway.
Quite sensible here! Petrol is more expensive here and being a smaller country the UK is covered by bus and train routes which are far far better than ones in the US, where such things are less practical due to the distances involved. My own small city is dense enough that I can walk to anywhere on this half of it in an hour or get a bus and arrive more quickly. Even if I have to go to another town, it's cheaper to get an occasional train than to buy and run a car for distances I could just walk, often in a few minutes. I have three major supermarkets and other shops and two pubs just five minutes walk away along with a choice of parks, two schools, a hospital , a scenic walking route and public exercise equipment and a gym. If I bought a bike it'd be even faster. I'd be nuts to buy a car!

Reactions: TonyM and 7Critter
Quite sensible here! Petrol is more expensive here and being a smaller country the UK is covered by bus and train routes which are far far better than ones in the US, where such things are less practical due to the distances involved. My own small city is dense enough that I can walk to anywhere on this half of it in an hour or get a bus and arrive more quickly. Even if I have to go to another town, it's cheaper to get an occasional train than to buy and run a car for distances I could just walk, often in a few minutes. I have three major supermarkets and other shops and two pubs just five minutes walk away along with a choice of parks, two schools, a hospital , a scenic walking route and public exercise equipment and a gym. If I bought a bike it'd be even faster. I'd be nuts to buy a car!

Thanks for sharing that level of detail Benway. I know the cities are probably easy to commute but I also think about the supposed sprawling English countryside. Or are those rural photos taken with fisheye lenses made to make distances actually measuring just meters appear to be kilometers?

Does the area where you live look like Diagon Alley in the Potter movies?

Reactions: Benway
Thanks for sharing that level of detail Benway. I know the cities are probably easy to commute but I also think about the supposed sprawling English countryside. Or are those rural photos taken with fisheye lenses made to make distances actually measuring just meters appear to be kilometers?

Does the area where you live look like Diagon Alley in the Potter movies?
Not quite! I'm in a part of the city on the edge designed in the '70s using new progressive theories on development, so it has pedestrian and cycle ways separate to roads and lots of trees and open spaces. It's a little run down now, but not closed in at all.
The countryside? That's real. But that happens to other people for the most part. You'd have to ask one of them!