Which is it?

Shower! Submersion has never been a comfortable state for me. I don't mind being wet, in fact I actually enjoy being out in the rain. I have never even owned an umbrella. However being in the water is another story; tubs, swimming pools, jacuzzis, all sound absolutely miserable.

Shower! Submersion has never been a comfortable state for me. I don't mind being wet, in fact I actually enjoy being out in the rain. I have never even owned an umbrella. However being in the water is another story; tubs, swimming pools, jacuzzis, all sound absolutely miserable.
There is some fear that comes with being in water for many. Maybe an inherent survival trait.

I have a giant '80's round tub with a shower attachment. This thing is the size of a hot tub. So I can soak AND shower at once. Our bathroom also offers another stand alone shower. (This ensuite is the size of another bedroom.) Think one very large birdbath. lol

There is some fear that comes with being in water for many. Maybe an inherent survival trait.

That's a definite possibility, I've never really looked into my own feelings on this matter enough to figure out why I feel the way I do. I'm not a very good swimmer and had always just sort of figured that was the reason. However I have since come to the realization that it's the other way around, I don't swim only because I don't want to be in the water.

Reactions: garnetsilver
We just remodeled our master bath and did away with the tub altogether. We replaced it with a huge shower with a seat and it is GREAT. I used to like a tub bath sometimes when I was younger but now I just want to get clean and a shower does that best and fastest. I lived in one old house that had an old clawfoot tub that was long and deep enough for me to stretch out in and be massively comfortable but those are far and few in-between. Since then I have been almost totally a shower person...Now a jacuzzi or hot tub is a different thing...but that isn't a bath.

I have a giant '80's round tub with a shower attachment. This thing is the size of a hot tub. So I can soak AND shower at once. Our bathroom also offers another stand alone shower. (This ensuite is the size of another bedroom.) Think one very large birdbath. lol
Now I’m jealous lol. I have a tiny tiny bathroom.

We just remodeled our master bath and did away with the tub altogether. We replaced it with a huge shower with a seat and it is GREAT. I used to like a tub bath sometimes when I was younger but now I just want to get clean and a shower does that best and fastest. I lived in one old house that had an old clawfoot tub that was long and deep enough for me to stretch out in and be massively comfortable but those are far and few in-between. Since then I have been almost totally a shower person...Now a jacuzzi or hot tub is a different thing...but that isn't a bath.
I’m in an old house too. The move we always planned to make, never happened. To remodel the bathroom is a huge price tag. We are still on the fence about how to proceed with it. So I continue to tolerate a very small bathroom.

We are in the market for a new house now, and I want a large bathroom! While I don't really enjoy baths, I would still like the option to take one. Where we live now, the tub is very unsatisfactory.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I'm a country boy and during the summer I used to go for a swim in the pond every day and then take a shower outside. We have a shower on the back of the house. Later when we moved we had a pool and I put in another outside shower. LOL, when the family got together for holidays at my Grandmother's home there was only one bathroom with a tub and no shower. The menfolk all waited until after dark and did a yard bath. At Thanksgiving that would be a FAST BATH! The water was warmer than the air.

I'm a country boy and during the summer I used to go for a swim in the pond every day and then take a shower outside. We have a shower on the back of the house. Later when we moved we had a pool and I put in another outside shower. LOL, when the family got together for holidays at my Grandmother's home there was only one bathroom with a tub and no shower. The menfolk all waited until after dark and did a yard bath. At Thanksgiving that would be a FAST BATH! The water was warmer than the air.
That is hilarious I can see a shivering line up of guys outside waiting their turn and freezing their buns off! Not to mention other parts...lol