Which is better?

OK, have altered this old recipe. The change in amounts is to make a 9X13 pan of them, so follow those handwritten changes. The other change is I cannot add nuts to things here so instead I sub in 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. Just mix them in at the very end of the recipe and bake. Use a toothpick to check the middle to be sure they get done. I then sprinkle them with powdered sugar after baking.

View attachment 21145
Try the photo again, Debi. This one is fuzzy. If you are on your cell phone, tap the screen to force the phone to focus.

OK, have altered this old recipe. The change in amounts is to make a 9X13 pan of them, so follow those handwritten changes. The other change is I cannot add nuts to things here so instead I sub in 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. Just mix them in at the very end of the recipe and bake. Use a toothpick to check the middle to be sure they get done. I then sprinkle them with powdered sugar after baking.

View attachment 21145

Awesome, thanks Debi! :yum:

I will take the edge(to be a polite) then the center :grinning:.

I have been known in my younger days to eat all of them actually... :fearscream: Don’t judge :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I’ll just take whatever is left in the pan and be grateful for having any at all!

But if you have an unguarded center cut piece, I might lose will power and sneak it onto my plate. I love the soft, chewy, gooey ones best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
92121F09-6DCF-4A0D-922F-144B13EA8EC6.png
I love brownies and it really doesn’t matter. If I had to pic, I’ll take the edge piece. I always lean toward crunchy.
Here’s a simple recipe for those in Scotland that don’t have this in a box mix.