Which are you?

Interesting. My husband was number 5 of 6. It didn't last too long. After that the one relationship I had that lasted the longest was with a man who was the oldest of 2. They were both a pain to live with. But as my sister says, "when it comes to men, your picker is broken".
Lol, I like that saying. It seems that there is a dynamic that attracts those who were older in their families to those who were younger in their own family. It is a familiar dynamic, and therefore desirable, even if it is on a subconscious level.

Reactions: Lynne
I think to a degree but I was the youngest of two. I have an older sister that wasn’t ever around due to her life choices. And while it wasn’t all that bad, it could be lonely. We often moved around because of my dad’s occupation at the time and it wasn’t fun.

Last edited:
Youngest of four. Brother, Sister, Brother, then little ole Me.

My Mom was going to commit suicide because she thought she had cancer... but it was just me. She thought she was too old to have another child.

DOES YOUR BIRTH ORDER INFLUENCE YOUR PERSONALITY?
SOME SAY IT DOES.
HOW WAS IT GROWING UP IN YOUR FAMILY?
View attachment 37415
Giving this some more thought, I might add that being both middle child and eldest girl, I tend to be responsible, but bossy. I had to practically raise three of my youngest siblings because my mother had mental health issues and often couldn't cope. Now I get to boss Mr. Garnet! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
In my next life, I am marrying a youngest sibling. :)

I am a middle child and married a middle child ( when she was 23 ) :) Now that I think about it, I married the proper sibling, mostly responsible, but still a little adventurous.

Last edited:
In my next life, I am marrying a youngest sibling. :)

I am a middle child and married a middle child ( when she was 23 ) :) Now that I think about it, I married the proper sibling, mostly responsible, but still a little adventurous.
I think you have a point there, Critter! As middle kids, you learned to negotiate with "upper and lower" management, lol.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter