Where's the Grinch thread?

qwynie Rose

Reaction score
Christmas Christmas Christmas

I've been known as the Grinch at Christmas for years now. All because the family support unit asked if I'd help decorate for the Christmas party they hold every year for deprived kids. Well of course I would but at the time I had a street rep to think about. LOL. Anyway, with every intention of helping, I had to make a WEE show of protest first :p

So I said why don't we tell the kids Christmas is cancelled this year, Santa's bankrupt and the reindeers are going to have to be made into steaks. Ok, I was kidding lol. Honest! :p

Anyway, what happened? The noisiest whirlwind kid in the neighborhood had snuck in un-noticed and instantly screamed his head off. Ouchies!

Christmas Christmas Christmas

I've been known as the Grinch at Christmas for years now. All because the family support unit asked if I'd help decorate for the Christmas party they hold every year for deprived kids. Well of course I would but at the time I had a street rep to think about. LOL. Anyway, with every intention of helping, I had to make a WEE show of protest first :p

So I said why don't we tell the kids Christmas is cancelled this year, Santa's bankrupt and the reindeers are going to have to be made into steaks. Ok, I was kidding lol. Honest! :p

Anyway, what happened? The noisiest whirlwind kid in the neighborhood had snuck in un-noticed and instantly screamed his head off. Ouchies!
You are ahead of our Thanksgiving by speaking of Christmas! That in some circles will certainly bring about instant Grinchiness. I'm trying very hard this year to overcome my inner Grinch. VERY hard. ;)

I guess my inner Grinch comes out when the stores start pushing Christmas stuff at us before we have even gotten to Thanksgiving! Since my daughter grew up and moved away, both parents have passed on, I don't make a fuss over Christmas anymore. Saves a lot of stress and hassle, kind to the wallet, and best of all I can observe the Winter Solstice instead.

I guess my inner Grinch comes out when the stores start pushing Christmas stuff at us before we have even gotten to Thanksgiving! Since my daughter grew up and moved away, both parents have passed on, I don't make a fuss over Christmas anymore. Saves a lot of stress and hassle, kind to the wallet, and best of all I can observe the Winter Solstice instead.

Winter Solstice :)

I've got an inner grinch and an outer one,there is something that depresses me at Christmas time,maybe the cost lol.I always tried to overcome it for my kids sake but as they have grown I don't have to pretend anymore.How many families have Christmas day end in tears after all the relatives(that you don't like)come together for a booze filled riot.Merry Christmas everybody :grimacing:.

I've got an inner grinch and an outer one,there is something that depresses me at Christmas time,maybe the cost lol.I always tried to overcome it for my kids sake but as they have grown I don't have to pretend anymore.How many families have Christmas day end in tears after all the relatives(that you don't like)come together for a booze filled riot.Merry Christmas everybody :grimacing:.
Oh ya we all have those family members that cause the problems. I think the stress of finances is a common Grinch maker. I have gotten better about making peace with my budget as I’ve aged. I try to focus on the love.

I try to focus on the love.
Good idea,I think I pick up on the vibes from parents trying to outdo each other with presents for the kids and probably risk losing their homes.I've heard over here it's common to run up $10 000 on credit cards doing this,I think I can feel the anguish.Crazy stuff lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good idea,I think I pick up on the vibes from parents trying to outdo each other with presents for the kids and probably risk losing their homes.I've heard over here it's common to run up $10 000 on credit cards doing this,I think I can feel the anguish.Crazy stuff lol.
I have often over spent but my budget is only for a few people. I have a small family. Home made gifts and favors can be great gifts too.

I can relate to that! I have an Aunt in New Jersey who had everyone over for Christmas, and my sister got drunk and embarrassed us all. Now my Aunt visits her grown daughters for the holidays and I don't blame her. There's a certain freedom in letting go of other people's expectations!

You are ahead of our Thanksgivi
You are ahead of our Thanksgiving by speaking of Christmas! That in some circles will certainly bring about instant Grinchiness. I'm trying very hard this year to overcome my inner Grinch. VERY hard. ;)

So now Thanksgiving is over I can go into full-blown Grinch mode? :D