News Where's the beef from?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
https://www.intellihub.com/us-legis...rade-means-shut-up-and-eat-your-mystery-meat/

In May, the globalist-centric World Trade Organization tossed out a U.S. appeal, ruling instead that the labeling that required information stating where animals were born, raised and slaughtered is somehow discriminatory against the two U.S. neighbors. Both of those governments have vowed to ask the WTO for permission to impose billions in tariffs on American goods if the U.S. law is not overturned.

In response, the House voted 300-131 to repeal labels informing consumers about what country their meat was born and raised and slaughtered in, such as, “Born in Canada, raised and slaughtered in the United States.”

As reported by The Associated Press, the Obama Administration had tried to compromise:

The WTO ruled against the labels last year. The Obama administration has already revised the labels once to try to comply with previous WTO rulings. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has said it’s up to Congress to change the law to avoid retaliation from the two countries.

Anyone want to guess how the Senate will vote?

https://www.intellihub.com/us-legis...rade-means-shut-up-and-eat-your-mystery-meat/

In May, the globalist-centric World Trade Organization tossed out a U.S. appeal, ruling instead that the labeling that required information stating where animals were born, raised and slaughtered is somehow discriminatory against the two U.S. neighbors. Both of those governments have vowed to ask the WTO for permission to impose billions in tariffs on American goods if the U.S. law is not overturned.

In response, the House voted 300-131 to repeal labels informing consumers about what country their meat was born and raised and slaughtered in, such as, “Born in Canada, raised and slaughtered in the United States.”

As reported by The Associated Press, the Obama Administration had tried to compromise:

The WTO ruled against the labels last year. The Obama administration has already revised the labels once to try to comply with previous WTO rulings. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has said it’s up to Congress to change the law to avoid retaliation from the two countries.

Anyone want to guess how the Senate will vote?
Why fuss if you have nothing to hide? Label the darn thing and get over it! We have a right to know and I don't care who's out there complaining. Shut up and comply, sez I!

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
Exactly - wanting it omitted indicates some form of guilt. Everything else I buy seems to show it - nuts, dried fruit, etc. says where the product is from.

Reactions: surge and Debi
again, why are we being intimidated by Mexico and Canada??????? Do they really want to start a tariff war? How many car manufacturers in Canada? Mexico? Let us say we put those factories in America because they would impose high tariffs. We have so many good hands to play but we keep bowing our heads. I am sick of having our gov't being embarrassed about being powerful. Label the damn beef.

again, why are we being intimidated by Mexico and Canada??????? Do they really want to start a tariff war? How many car manufacturers in Canada? Mexico? Let us say we put those factories in America because they would impose high tariffs. We have so many good hands to play but we keep bowing our heads. I am sick of having our gov't being embarrassed about being powerful. Label the damn beef.
Agreed! Seriously, do these countries have something to hold over our heads or something??? We capitulate all the time!

Reactions: Seahunter