When...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
When are you most creative?

Morning, afternoon, evening or dead of night?

I'm one of those middle of the night people you will find typing away at 3 AM when I'm working on a project.
The silence of the night helps clear my brain so the muse can reach me!

I'm one of those middle of the night people you will find typing away at 3 AM when I'm working on a project.
Yes, I am that way too. I have tried being creative during the day and there is too much going on. This is why I can only write after midnight.

Late at night usually but sometimes I wake up with a brainstorm, not very often, lol.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi

When I can think my own thoughts. So, hardly ever at home unless I'm the only one awake at the time.

the creative process for me is an all day 24 hour process. and it can also depend on the project at hand. i try to notice everything i possibly can through out the day and pick and choose what i can or would want to turn into a project or use in a piece of art. reference material for the mind....lol.... landscapes. furniture, backgrounds, colors, people, dress, etc...details that stand out and the ones that leave subtle impressions but without them the scene isnt the same....... when it comes time to lay it all out and actually turn these memories or observations into a project i prefer to be alone and in a quiet place. in the zone of creativity, whether it be painting or working with wood, entering that Zen state of mind and becoming part of the project is a must............

the creative process for me is an all day 24 hour process. and it can also depend on the project at hand. i try to notice everything i possibly can through out the day and pick and choose what i can or would want to turn into a project or use in a piece of art. reference material for the mind....lol.... landscapes. furniture, backgrounds, colors, people, dress, etc...details that stand out and the ones that leave subtle impressions but without them the scene isnt the same....... when it comes time to lay it all out and actually turn these memories or observations into a project i prefer to be alone and in a quiet place. in the zone of creativity, whether it be painting or working with wood, entering that Zen state of mind and becoming part of the project is a must............
You are a true artist !

Reactions: Paulm
Although I am often awake at night I am most creative during the mid to late afternoon. 1:30 to 6 pm. Although if I have a project going I will stay with it until it’s finished.