When?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

125761455_10159068032428724_7063133682072513582_o.png

I haven't put up a tree in years. But since we moved into this new house, I am strongly tempted. I just fear two certain little imps knocking it over!
When I had cats, my tree always looked "half dressed". The lower half was naked as could be with all the ornaments and lights higher up. That's when it was standing....lol

The "projected date" is always Dec. 15 - I haven't met that date... hmmmm... maybe ever. :rolleyes: Every year since the kids flew and the grandkid's grew I have told myself I would just get a little tree 'this time' ... I mean it's just me. It would look pretty over on the end table... Way less hassle. Yeah, this year i'll just...

And every year I return to the woods and then home with a ceiling hitter. lolol (I cut them off my land and it is the ONLY time I take own a live tree.) Then there is the bucket wrestle to stand it up, the ribbon and wire to make sure it remains up, and by then it's the 17 or so. I pull out the lights the next day and the decorations - then I 'objectively' think - oh wow! you know what old woman??? I bet snowflakes from paper (or pine cones or cookie cutters or construction paper chains or popcorn balls etc) would look really cool on this tree... then it is the 20th or 21st lol - THEN, I have to run in for egg nog and rum, find my Christmas CD's, light the candles, FIND THE HOOKS, or maybe ribbon this year - sissors? check. - wire? check. - hmmm whats in this box??? 22nd at least - so, I am saying - the Tree and I have a standing date on Dec. 24th. lololol

At midnight I go outside and light the Cross (and NO, it is NOT for burning) that stands 15 foot tall in my yard (a gift from my stepson on my 40th birthday) -- and Silent Night, Blessed Night it is. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Peace of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the woods.