When?

I have not had a tree in years I hope to have one this year no wanting to go too far into detail I think I am ready to accept the life I have today and forget past events that make me miss what once ws and be grateful for what I have now. Being selfish an forgetting the true meaning of Christmas is human nature.

That is a good thing Ahriman... that you are remembering that the past (whatever it might be) does not define you. Christmas is the perfect time to re-define You. The real You, before all the crap. At least that has worked for me. It has been year's since anyone (but one) has come here on the actual date or anywhere near it. But every year I still get excited and awed and go all out. It's for me. That's allowed. So butter yourself up some rum and drag in that tree by golly by gum. It's Christmas. :)

So how does everyone decorate their tree? Traditional, or a theme, or a real art project?

Every year is different, depending on what strikes me as 'this year I want to'. Sometimes all natural stuff. Sometimes snow flakes I cut and bright ribbon to hang them on all over the house. One time it was cookie cutters and one year popcorn balls... lol. Some years I pull out all the ornaments I have collected over the years. The only thing that is not possible is 'new stuff from store's' except lights. I keep my lights updated.

Reactions: Paintman
i say it every year but it always remains the same I want it to be like charlie brown but it always winds up as the little dummber boy.

I'm old school but the simpler the better nowdays. That's why my little Charlie Brown tree! Now, I told this to my son today who has already announced that he'll be sttringing lights all over the place inside. I think I'm gonna have a gypsy wagon Christmas by the time he's done. :p

I’ll get my tambourine - the one with all the ribbons - and come right over.

Well put Darcy.:)
Last year I put the new LED lights on the tree. Man those things are neat.

It will be interesting to see how Hank Aaron the giant cat does with the Christmas tree. I have a strong suspicion that I will be leaving the vacuum cleaner out underneath the tree.:(

Reactions: Lynne
Since our daughter is grown and there’s no kids , I just put up a small 5 foot tree. Tbe o e I’m using now is just a little cheapie lol. But with lights and bulbs it looks good. I’m not fussy.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi