When you were a child...

When I was 5 my little brother was born, my dad took me to the hospital to see my bio (the term I use whenever I have to reference my biological mother) and my new baby brother. So being a typical small child I asked where babies came from to which I was told that there was a big window where you went and looked at all the babies and then you picked one out. So when they took me down the hall to the nursey window and pointed out my brother I was still in awe and looking at all of them, I decided I didn't want him and ask them to change their minds and trade him for the little African American one instead. Needless to say they came home with my brother and I wouldn't go near any of them for almost 2 weeks because they didn't trade. And for the next 2 years whenever anyone we knew was expecting a baby I'd always ask if I could go pick theirs out.

When I was 5 my little brother was born, my dad took me to the hospital to see my bio (the term I use whenever I have to reference my biological mother) and my new baby brother. So being a typical small child I asked where babies came from to which I was told that there was a big window where you went and looked at all the babies and then you picked one out. So when they took me down the hall to the nursey window and pointed out my brother I was still in awe and looking at all of them, I decided I didn't want him and ask them to change their minds and trade him for the little African American one instead. Needless to say they came home with my brother and I wouldn't go near any of them for almost 2 weeks because they didn't trade. And for the next 2 years whenever anyone we knew was expecting a baby I'd always ask if I could go pick theirs out.
Yeah that’s not how hospitals work :D

Reactions: Paintman and Tia
That’s a good one. The baby mart lol.

That’s a good one. The baby mart lol.

Exactly, and I guess they didn't get a receipt so the refund or exchange wasn't an option. Sadly, my baby brother is 49, and I still tease him and tell him he should have been traded somedays :p

Exactly, and I guess they didn't get a receipt so the refund or exchange wasn't an option. Sadly, my baby brother is 49, and I still tease him and tell him he should have been traded somedays :p
Ha ha a fun thing to joke about.

I think the strangest thing I believed as a child, now looking back, is that adults were always right. They were adults so everything they did HAD to be right. That confused me as a child because even then I "felt" that I was right on some things and therefore they could not be.

Last edited:
Another thing I believed as a child was a teacher who always told our class that if we didn't be quiet and get ready to catch the bus home, she would make us miss the bus and have to stay overnight at school. That used to make me cry, because I wanted to go home and not be stuck at school. I really disliked that teacher for scaring us kids like that. I was a senior in high school at the time.... Ha ha ha just kidding - it was like second grade I think.