When you were a child...

Right on with the books, Ben.
Good gravy that was a terrible pun.......:(

Ok so when I grew up in BC, our school program really scared us straight about drugs and alcohol. Anyhow more or less I was convinced that alcohol was poisonous, because that was literally what my teacher said. So at family events, when the family would drink a glass of wine, I’d be looking at the glass like it was pure evil.

Anyhow the first time I had a taste of alcohol was when I was 8. Basically my mom asked if I wanted to try a sip of wine. I didn’t protest it but I was like “mom, are you sure that’s ok?” A few times before I had a sip.

Anyways I tasted it and it was awful ;vo. Remembering the taste I can say that 23 year old me would say that was shtty wine.

So I had a sip, gave the glass back and that was it. But I was literally shaking the rest of the night, wondering what the hell that sip was gonna do to me because at the time I was so convinced it was poison :D

Feel free to laugh at.... or with me at that one

Charleh, spot on. I remember once when I got accidentally plastered. I was 10 or 12. Let me set the stage. It's a family gathering. It's in a little Archie Bunker house in a neighborhood in Chicago. My mom's cousin was hosting. She made punch. I had 5 glasses of that delicious punch. Didn't really know what alcohol was. But I sure couldn't taste it............
Well you can figure out how this story ends up. But to this day, if I ever see a punch bowl that looks like a clamshell, let alone even a clam ,I get nauseated.
Damn those clams.:(

Last edited:
32936121_1818358571595687_2995215337877667840_n.jpg
my dad told me the communists were gonna come and kill all the policemen and take away our rights. He was sot of right they just became the policemen but why he would tell a 7-year-old this is beyond me.

I was scared by all those awful black and white movies shown at school during the 60s, showing how pollution was going to force us all to live in gas masks. Also the bomb threat movies. It wasn’t like any of us kids could do anything about it. It just scared everyone for a long time. I was worried what life would be like in my adult years. It all turned out better than I imagined.

I was scared by all those awful black and white movies shown at school during the 60s, showing how pollution was going to force us all to live in gas masks. Also the bomb threat movies. It wasn’t like any of us kids could do anything about it. It just scared everyone for a long time. I was worried what life would be like in my adult years. It all turned out better than I imagined.
remember the school bus safety movie?

Reactions: Paintman