When I was....

If it was summer, I would be sneaking out of the house with my brother and our dog to visit the local ice cream house for illicit ice cream. It was even better if I had been grounded. Otherwise, I was an avid late night movie watcher, unless I was in the mood to pull an all nighter reading books and drinking iced tea.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
Cruising was big when I was a kid. I met my future wife while cruising. I bought and built my car. Back then that was pretty common for guys. Yeppers my candy apple red 56 chevy was something that I spent a lot of time on. I did a lot of drag racing and street racing. I don't think that kids these days do much of that sort of thing anymore. Back then you could buy and then build a car for a little of nothing if you did all the mechanic and bodywork yourself.

I met my wife on the local drag where all the kids drove up and down streetlight racing and just being kids. she was mean and wouldn't give me her number or even tell me her last name!! For some reason, she haunted me. All that I knew was her first name and that her last name started with a W and was a little different. With that information, I sat down and started calling all the odd W names in the telephone book and asking for her. On about the 30th call I found her. I think that she was impressed with my diligence and so let me pay court to her.

After that my Saturday nights were occupied with spending time with her. 2 1/2 years later she turned 18, graduated from highschool and married me all in a very short period of time. We were just kids and finished growing up together. We were and still are playmates that love to go and do everything together. AND we still like cruising and think nothing of driving a hundred miles to go shopping or out to eat.

Working on my car, chasing girls or in the woods and swamps. 16 was a transition time for me. I didn't really go girl-crazy until I was about that age. Before that, there were a lot of other interests. At 16 I got a drivers license and then a car. Over the next few years, my girl chasing seriously intruded on my hunting fishing and guy time. At 19 I met the love of my life and life got a lot better. I married at 21 and it got even better and my Saturday nights became a lot more pleasurable. I'm now 66 and my girl is still my best friend and the greatest pleasure of my existence. 16 sucked... I had a hole in my heart and couldn't find what I needed.
That’s beautiful !!

Reactions: Debi
I worked a lot of weekends but on my free nights I’d be out with friends. We’d end up at whoever’s folks would put up with us. Not much money back then.

Reactions: ozentity