When I Grow Up......

I’m late to this party but here goes.

I wanted to be Peter Pan. Not because I didn’t want to grow up but because I wanted to fly. Seems I grew up instead to be (the nice version of) Maleficent!

This was partial due to my not being able to make a clear distinction, until about age nine, between fiction and real life. Of course I’d learn at 16, upon discovering that I was telepathic and empathic, that there was actually a LESSER distinction between the two than almost anyone else was aware.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I’m late to this party but here goes.

I wanted to be Peter Pan. Not because I didn’t want to grow up but because I wanted to fly. Seems I grew up instead to be (the nice version of) Maleficent!

This was partial due to my not being able to make a clear distinction, until about age nine, between fiction and real life. Of course I’d learn at 16, upon discovering that I was telepathic and empathic, that there was actually a LESSER distinction between the two than almost anyone else was aware.
You and I were a couple of odd kids lol. I wanted to be a Royal Canadian Mounty and you wanted to be Peter Pan. We would have played well tog.

I wanted to be a game developer when I was in high school but at the time it didn’t seem realistic. Then through college was more interested in something related to life sciences, and in my second year of university decided to go towards computer science.

Now I get to work with game developers (among other disciplines).

You and I were a couple of odd kids lol. I wanted to be a Royal Canadian Mounty and you wanted to be Peter Pan. We would have played well tog.
We probably could have had our own one hour cartoon show! 30 minutes of “Lynn, a Mounty and her Mount” and then 30 minutes of “Winging it with WAndS”.

Last edited: