When Bots go bad....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Visions Of The Future: CG Video Of A Humanoid Robot Soldier Going Rogue

This is another video from Corridor Digital (previously) of a humanoid robot that, fed up with its treatment, eventually rages against the machine (the machine being humanity in this case). Trust me, scenes like this will be all too commonplace in a few years. And when you're ducking behind a wall while an anti-human robot patrol passes by, you'll remember the idiot on the internet who tried to warn the world to change its ways and turn back before it was too late. What was that idiot's name? "You?" No....I think it started with a G. "GW?" Yes! What a turd, that guy.

Keep going for the whole video.

Is this is made up ? The robot didn’t have a conscious thought to save the robot dog?

Last edited:
I can’t wait to read what you all think. If this was real it is good the robot didn’t shoot the men and made a humane decision but the fact it appeared to reason is scary.

I can’t wait to read what you all think. If this was real it is good the robot didn’t shoot the men and made a humane decision but the fact it appeared to reason is scary.
This was a "scenario" of what COULD happen, Lynne. Not real, but what we may see happen in the future. Near future, I might add.

This was a parody and rather humorous.

In the very near future, the abilities of the "robot" in this will be partly achievable. What will not happen is that the "robots" will be able to empathize or feel. Their actions will be programed and their reactions will be many times faster than humans are capable of. as we move into quantum level computing the size of the computers will shrink again and the processing power will increase geometrically.

What this would mean in the area of military use would be that you could allow the "robots" to go into the places where a human survival rate is almost at a suicidal level and establish the beachhead. It also would actually allow a sort of humane way to take out the enemy targets without having to do the unfortunate "Kill them all and let the gods sort them out!" sort of attacks that are necessary if you want to win a war.

The bad thing about this is that when or if a country has the ability to let "robots" do their fighting for them they will be less inclined to seek peaceful solutions. We see that now in the US. Since politicians and certain people will never have to watch their sons come home in body bags it is a lot easier to send the military off to war. When there was a draft and basically, but not really, anyone's sons could be sent off to die there was more intrest in trying not to go there. When I was a kid it didn't matter if you were a conservative, liberal, Republican or Democrat , black, white, brown or purple, YOUR kids could and would get drafted. The only protection was wealth. If a war is worth being fought it should be fought by the ENTIRE country and not just the few that are willing.

As robotics advances, they WILL be weaponized. They will be able to always identify friend and probably eventually be able to separate friend from foe. Just as the agreement in the Geneva Convention requires soldiers to wear identifying uniforms soldiers of the future may be "chipped to make them identified by "robots" as friend and foe. A terrorist would be simply shot on sight the instant that they are identified as an unchipped target in a war zone that is bearing arms or seen firing a weapon. The military of both sides of the conflict would do this.

I don't see the day in any immediate future where the robotized weapons would be allowed to go without human supervision or guidance. They would be tools and NOT soldiers. Basically this is just an extension of what our current smart bombs and missles can do. You identify the target and they will seek and hit it.

Someday we may go too far and make a programming mistake and have rogue robots. If they become "aware" some sort of "terminator" type scenario might be possible but more likely is that mankind may at some point chose to be robotized in order to become "immortal"...and in the process lose their humanity.

Reactions: Debi
This was a parody and rather humorous.

In the very near future, the abilities of the "robot" in this will be partly achievable. What will not happen is that the "robots" will be able to empathize or feel. Their actions will be programed and their reactions will be many times faster than humans are capable of. as we move into quantum level computing the size of the computers will shrink again and the processing power will increase geometrically.

What this would mean in the area of military use would be that you could allow the "robots" to go into the places where a human survival rate is almost at a suicidal level and establish the beachhead. It also would actually allow a sort of humane way to take out the enemy targets without having to do the unfortunate "Kill them all and let the gods sort them out!" sort of attacks that are necessary if you want to win a war.

The bad thing about this is that when or if a country has the ability to let "robots" do their fighting for them they will be less inclined to seek peaceful solutions. We see that now in the US. Since politicians and certain people will never have to watch their sons come home in body bags it is a lot easier to send the military off to war. When there was a draft and basically, but not really, anyone's sons could be sent off to die there was more intrest in trying not to go there. When I was a kid it didn't matter if you were a conservative, liberal, Republican or Democrat , black, white, brown or purple, YOUR kids could and would get drafted. The only protection was wealth. If a war is worth being fought it should be fought by the ENTIRE country and not just the few that are willing.

As robotics advances, they WILL be weaponized. They will be able to always identify friend and probably eventually be able to separate friend from foe. Just as the agreement in the Geneva Convention requires soldiers to wear identifying uniforms soldiers of the future may be "chipped to make them identified by "robots" as friend and foe. A terrorist would be simply shot on sight the instant that they are identified as an unchipped target in a war zone that is bearing arms or seen firing a weapon. The military of both sides of the conflict would do this.

I don't see the day in any immediate future where the robotized weapons would be allowed to go without human supervision or guidance. They would be tools and NOT soldiers. Basically this is just an extension of what our current smart bombs and missles can do. You identify the target and they will seek and hit it.

Someday we may go too far and make a programming mistake and have rogue robots. If they become "aware" some sort of "terminator" type scenario might be possible but more likely is that mankind may at some point chose to be robotized in order to become "immortal"...and in the process lose their humanity.
Nicely summarized. Thank you. I have a better perspective now.