What's Your Theme Song?

Here is a test audio recording of my voice while not being in talk interview mode.
http://traffic.libsyn.com/thefarside/Unfiltered.mp3

You can hear the southern accent there.

After careful study of your test recording, can I vote for Elvis Hill ?

(On an Elvis note: My Mom and her best friend saw Elvis at The Chicago Theater the night he debuted the gold lame' suit.:) )
Thanks for sharing, Bob. I can definitely hear Elvis in your test recording. I don't recall Hank Hill's voice enough to hear similarities.

Last edited:
Here is how I post videos, Lynne. Got to youtube dot com, find and play your video, right-click on the video and select copy URL. Come back to the ParaNormalForum and start a comment/post and right-click paste. The url address of the video will be pasted. add any additional comments and "post reply" as you normally do . Hope that this helps.

Oh, this procedure is for a PC.
Right now I only have s tablet and an I phone. I need to shop for a new computer.

Here is a test audio recording of my voice while not being in talk interview mode.
http://traffic.libsyn.com/thefarside/Unfiltered.mp3

You can hear the southern accent there.
I think you have a God given talent to educate and entertain your audience. Having a great voice and tone is a bonus. I'm so happy you are brave enough to share with us. thanks Bob.

For Lynne, my favorite rendition of Amazing Grace by Charlotte Church:

Last edited:
That song is about making sacrifices and doing what is right—regardless of the consequences. Reach for that unreachable star, no matter how far away it may appear to be.

We do have a similar sounding voice, or accent.
There were times I have been told to stop sounding like Elvis.... just wish I could sing like him too! HAHA
I think the sound is mostly just a southern accent deal.

On YouTube people are trying to decide which person or character I sound most like.
They have it narrowed down to:

Elvis
Hank Hill
Dr. Phil
Well I'm a fan of Bob! Keep reaching for the stars

For Lynne, my favorite rendition of Amazing Grace by Charlotte Church:

Thank you. I feel like I'm where I am by the grace of God and a lifetime of wonderful friends and family.

Reactions: Debi
Well I'm a fan of Bob! Keep reaching for the stars
Please, please, PLEASE don't ask him to sing like Elvis! :D:p I keep telling him it's great he just sounds like Elvis. I don't want him to ruin the illusion by trying to reach middle "C"...;)

Please, please, PLEASE don't ask him to sing like Elvis! :D:p I keep telling him it's great he just sounds like Elvis. I don't want him to ruin the illusion by trying to reach middle "C"...;)
I don't sound like anyone other than myself, I guess.
But I swear, all my life I have been told to stop talking like that. HAHA

So I learned how not to talk like that, and that is the "other" voice I use on the show.
Not much a difference but enough.

Singing wise... well... I'm sure my singing is perfect... someplace.
Probably in the land of deafness. HAHA

Reactions: 7Critter