What's your favorite

Watching television with hubby and playing with my two cats. Having a nice cup of tea and reading a good book.
That sounds lovely, Garnet.

It's the moments at night when darkness comes, the TV turns off, and I can be still that bring me peace. I also love to sit and talk with my sons, be it in person or via chats, to hear about their lives and my grandchildren. It's the connections and shared joys.

For this week, I am going to be looking and noting these times of joy in life! I think we get so overwhelmed with the news cycle, we forget to notice the little moments that are so valuable and should be treasured. Joyful awareness is my goal. :)

Harvesting my vegies, I get so much satisfaction from sprouting seeds to eating the end result and also nurturing the plants daily :) . I really must be getting old, lol but the simple things are the best as they say.

The worse things get in the world I am grateful that so far by the grace of God go I. It forces me to live in the moment, aging has done the same. I think the thing I love the most is not being tied to a work schedule. I am often busy with the duties of life, but I don't feel the pressure of the daily time clock for work. It gives me great joy every day to be able to stay up as late as I want or to sleep in when needed. I have been really enjoying reading lately, my other hobbies have been set aside as I am rapidly working my way through the Craig Johnson, Longmire series. He has got to be one of the best authors of our time. The stories take place in Wyoming with a principled old-fashioned sheriff and his Indian friend, who helps him solve crimes. It's no wonder they chose his books to make a series, (which is good but not as good as the books).

The worse things get in the world I am grateful that so far by the grace of God go I. It forces me to live in the moment, aging has done the same. I think the thing I love the most is not being tied to a work schedule. I am often busy with the duties of life, but I don't feel the pressure of the daily time clock for work. It gives me great joy every day to be able to stay up as late as I want or to sleep in when needed. I have been really enjoying reading lately, my other hobbies have been set aside as I am rapidly working my way through the Craig Johnson, Longmire series. He has got to be one of the best authors of our time. The stories take place in Wyoming with a principled old-fashioned sheriff and his Indian friend, who helps him solve crimes. It's no wonder they chose his books to make a series, (which is good but not as good as the books).
I've recommended those books to hubs. Maybe I can get out of Dodge if he reads about Wyoming! He loved the series.