What's your favorite....

I think "Imagine". I don't really like the words but the music is great

I think "Imagine". I don't really like the words but the music is great
Sometimes words just get into the way of the melody. Music either puts you in a mood or reinforces the mood that you are in. This song Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen is beautiful. I read where he wrote 80 verses. The ones that I have read and heard are goofy, but that one word hallelujah repeated over and over makes the song. The tempo starts out slowly and builds and builds (and then the full orchestra kicks in) until you can't help to be moved. These are my opinions, of course.

Oh, topic is Beatles songs, NEVERMIND. :)

Here is one of my favorite foot stomping Beatles songs:

And today, March 10th is PNF member Sheepdog 's birthday

Reactions: Lynne
even though Eric Clapton played guitar because none of the Beatles could pull it off.

Reactions: 7Critter
Sometimes words just get into the way of the melody. Music either puts you in a mood or reinforces the mood that you are in. This song Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen is beautiful. I read where he wrote 80 verses. The ones that I have read and heard are goofy, but that one word hallelujah repeated over and over makes the song. The tempo starts out slowly and builds and builds (and then the full orchestra kicks in) until you can't help to be moved. These are my opinions, of course.

Oh, topic is Beatles songs, NEVERMIND. :)
I loved this!! Thanks Critter. The violin is the one instrument that rings with the soul when played well. It has a voice! It is a secret desire of mine to learn to play one. I might add that there is something about the word HALLELUJAH. When said it resonates within and creates a reverence for God. The two together, violin and that word make a song of perfection that makes the heart sing to God. Magical !

Reactions: Debi