Whats your favorite summertime drink?

ParanormalMom

The truth shall set you free.
Reaction score
Ok all what is your favorite summertime drink? Mine is this one all natural bonus get my daughter drinking water dehydrated strawberry juice.

images (3).jpg

Reactions: Donna K.
Anything with ice. I’m a Diet Coke or ice tea person. Lemon aide is a good one too.

Reactions: ozentity
Anything with ice. I’m a Diet Coke or ice tea person. Lemon aide is a good one too.

I love an ice cold Limeade, made from scratch with Maraschino Cherry's and some Cherry juice stirred in. It is kind of expensive when you are living on a very strict fixed budget - but you know what? You've got me in the mood to splurge on myself. Tornado's in the area tonight anyway - might as well go down with a smile on my face. :)

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I have just discovered my favourite.
-
Home made cloudy - and fizzy lemonade!

5 Lemons, zest juice and what the heck throw the rest in the pot too.
300mls water.
250g sugar
1tsp citric acid
2.5 litres bottled water.
EC1118 Champagne yeast.

Zest and juice lemons, put everything in a pot with 300mls water and 250g sugar. Boil for 10 minutes.
Add citric acid, strain through muslin square into 2,5L bottled water. Add a sprinkle of champagne yeast into the bottle and shake well.
Leave for a few hours, shake often.
then bottle into small glass coke bottles and ONE plastic coke bottle.
**** NOTE ***** The plastic coke bottle is important !!!!

Leave somewhere warm for 3 days only.
Check the plastic bottle by pressing the sides If it feels hard similar to a standard bottle of coke then it is done.

Pasteurise at 68-78C for 30 minutes in a water bath. Add the bottles to warm water and warm up - don't shock and wear safety glasses/ cover pan while heating.

Makes about 10 bottles. Store chilled.
Alcohol content less than 0.6% - and the fermentation is needed to produce the fizz naturally.
- all natural, organic if you want, no preservative, traditional...lovely!

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne