What's the best...

I will state the obvious...i like fishing here lol. I especially love the fall around here too. The smell in the air, the leaves changing (leaves falling not so much..rake time lol). Sports are big around here as well with rivalries aplenty. Then there are the beaches (rivers and ocean and bay). I am not so big into the beaches as much as i was when i was a kid, but when driving around the island(s) the smell of salt air and water filled with boats takes you back. Also, the smell of cedar water (rivers) back in the pines.

What is the favorite thing that you like about your state/location ( you don't have to tell us the name, just the things you enjoy most about where you live. )

*Thanks to 7Critter for today's question*
The old historical homes that are landmarks, the old towns thats exactly how it was in the 1800s

When I lived in Florida, that was the one thing I missed most of all. Sometimes I had to really think a bit what season we were in when living there. It became one big blur. I need the wheel to turn.
When I lived in FL, I used to miss the fall weather. People would put pumpkins on their porches in October, and they would get moldy and fall apart. It was really weird to see full Christmas decorations in a hot and muggy climate.

I am not sure what stands out about my state but it has always been my "heart" place. I have moved away twice and always get homesick and come back here. I guess some of the things that I like are the state fairs, the very old buildings in one city; built in the 1700s and still standing. There is also skiing in the mountains, and lots of beautiful parks and recreational areas.

Four seasons, variety of geography, stunning geology and rich native history.

Apropos this question, Google Lulungomeena by Gordon R. Dickson, unless you have already read it.

the swamps in the lowlands and the mountains just a couple hours away, the lakes and rivers on the west side and the ocean and intercoastal on the east. the many small towns victorian architecture and the southern beliefs thats a mix of the many people that have settled the area. the many fairs and festivals that go on in the spring and fall. the short winters and long spring and fall weather. the summers can be brutally hot and unbelievably humid, but it is bearable for the three months until the humidity breaks and it turns nice again. walking on the beach in january in just sweats or a light jacket is great. or camping in december and january is very comfortable, being able to fish year round is a plus also....lol